Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 08:21 PM

281 posts, read 426,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
It is in no way misleading. Conversely, to tell folks that Greenville is he largest is misleading if you don't mention Charlotte.
Everyone, except apparently you, knows Greenville's MSA is the largest in the state!
I have never heard anyone say Charlotte is the largest MSA in SC ever! That is why they created STATES.
I quote from Greenville, South Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia = "The metropolitan area had a population of 824,112 in 2010 census, which is now the largest MSA in South Carolina after the addition of Anderson County, SC in February 2013."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 08:33 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,612,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgartm1185 View Post
Everyone, except apparently you, knows Greenville's MSA is the largest in the state!
I have never heard anyone say Charlotte is the largest MSA in SC ever! That is why they created STATES.
I quote from Greenville, South Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia = "The metropolitan area had a population of 824,112 in 2010 census, which is now the largest MSA in South Carolina after the addition of Anderson County, SC in February 2013."
Oh yes, Wiki, the source for all thing accurate. Did you post that article? Are you still holding onto the theory that Greenville with be the size of Charlotte in 20 years? Has Greenville ever been the fastest growing part of SC?

Old 03-24-2013, 08:57 PM

281 posts, read 426,466 times
Quote:
Oh yes, Wiki, the source for all thing accurate. Did you post that article? Are you still holding onto the theory that Greenville with be the size of Charlotte in 20 years? Has Greenville ever been the fastest growing part of SC?
At least I know my simple geography enough to know that Charlotte isn't included in SC.
And please don't "Dig up old threads to start fights".

Old 03-24-2013, 09:14 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,612,275 times
Quote:
At least I know my simple geography enough to know that Charlotte isn't included in SC.
And please don't "Dig up old threads to start fights".
I know my geography and what it means.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:55 AM

12,918 posts, read 18,761,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Personally, I could care less if Greenville is the largest MSA in the state or not. I'm not gonna pack up and move because of it. I've gotten use to Greenville being smaller than Charleston and Columbia city and MSA population wise anyways.
Greenville-Anderson

Old 03-25-2013, 05:00 AM

There's nothing like having a whole other MSA link up with your MSA to get your population where you want it for arguments' sake, and then dropping the name of the city that got you there when referring to the new MSA. Could there be an identity crisis going on?

Old 03-25-2013, 05:24 AM

5,491 posts, read 8,323,155 times
Greenville has the least counties added to get it's total. Folks are drawing at straws.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Greenville-Anderson's MSA is the largest in the state.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
I will repeat this for the 1,000th time, if some ask me about the largest metro in SC, I would say as I have said, the largest based in SC is Greenville, however Charlotte is the largest represented in SC. Sorry if you have a problem with that. Would you exclude Charlotte in economic analysis of SC? It you performed an analysis, excluding Charlotte is a gross misrepresentation. And, if it can be included in Econ analysis, it must be included when people are looking for the largest. If someone cares enough to seek out the largest metro, I don't care if only one county is in Charlotte, it is very relevant to mention it because Charlotte is so materially larger than anything in SC.

So, if you are performing an economic analysis, i guess you would exclude Charlotte. Heck, since Charlotte is all of 5 miles into NC, in your view, it may as well be in Alaska. I would hate to ask folks like you questions, dealing with absolutes led people to invest in companies like Enron.
The largest based in SC is Greenville-Anderson.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:16 AM

If someone asked me what's the largest MSA in SC, I would assume they meant the largest MSA the principle city(ies) of which are in SC, and my answer would be Greenville-Anderson, because both principle cities of that MSA are in SC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina