Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 07:05 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,869,796 times

Advertisements

If you're pretty liberal, you'll feel most at home in Columbia as it is the most liberal city in the state. It's not too far from the beach, the schools are OK (depending on your neighborhood), and the hotel industry is really booming there, with a new Hilton convention center hotel under construction, a Sheraton under construction on Main Street, as well as two other hotels slated to come online downtown in the near future.

However, summers in Columbia tend to be hot, so that may be a downside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2006, 05:42 PM

2 posts, read 4,281 times
Default looking to relocate

I am a home planning consultant with Regal Homes here in the Upstate SC. We are close to Greenville SC. We are about 4-5 hours away from the beach. Close to the mountains and the weather is reasonably pleasant. We have nice homes located in beautiful subdivsions or we find you lots outside or places. Our houses are very reasonable and top about 250,000 at the most, depending on where you build and the square footage. Let me know if I can help.trc4z@charter.net
Tammy

Old 11-10-2006, 04:19 AM

6 posts, read 138,213 times
Ltljen.... I love SC, just love it, but anywhere in this state the humidity is monstrous from about May to Sept... maybe even earlier. So if humidity is a health issues, no southern state this way is good....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina