Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 12:46 PM

801 posts, read 1,465,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckygib View Post
WHy can't SC beat every team that Clemson beats?
Wrong question to be asking. The more pertinent question is why can't clemson beat SC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 12:50 PM

72 posts, read 76,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
Yep, we beat them at their place with our backup QB, and in case you've missed it, they had a fair-to-middling QB this year of their own (Bortles > Boyd and it ain't even close). So yeah, I'll go ahead and count that as a strong win for the 2013 Gamecocks (IMO, a stronger win than over clemson), hindsight being what it is.
'd say Boyd has lot better WR's and surrounding talent than Bortles. I think it is more close than you want it to be. lol I bet Bortles is out of NFL in 5 years. If he was that good, he would have gone to a better college for football.

UCF's defense sucks, dude. I watched that game. Even the year Clemson gave up a million points to WVU in the bowl game, we had better athletes on defense.

Your backup QB could start and is a much better passer than Shaw. You calling him a backup is a bit dishonest. lol Shaw has never thrown the ball like Dylan did in that Clemson game. That was a fine performance for a QB.

Most of Shaw's carrer, the defense won games for him. Boyd didn't have that luxury. lol

Old 04-05-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Wrong question to be asking. The more pertinent question is why can't clemson beat SC?
3 out of 5 were at SC.

Bad luck.

Poor play calling by OC, too many trick plays , or not running enough with RBs, 2 years ago in 2nd half.

Coaching change in 2008, hurt recuriting a bit.

Lack of a big RB for short down.

Turnovers, many of them unforced.

Prepared for Shaw , running QB two years ago, and got a better passer and the lack of preparation for a different QB was a problem in the game.

Too many fluke 3rd and long converstions allowed to USC, both Shaw and Dylan were able to run and big up 3rd and plus 10 or even 3rd and 20 two years ago. The majority of the time those plays would be stopped, just one of these things tha happens in games sometimes.

When SC is converting l ike 90 percent 3rd and long for the game, then they really getting away with bad football overall because normally SC isn't going to be higher than 50 percent on 3rd and longs.

Clemson has always had trouble with quick QBs, despite having quick players on defense. Doesn't matter who our DC is. lol

SC's best plays this year on offense were broken plays on offense where he scrambled, or those wildcat throws. They couldn't run it with Davis and SHaw couldn't throw it in that game.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
UCF's defense sucks, dude.
"Sucks" is kinda harsh. They had the #17 scoring defense and the #29 YPG defense in 2013:

ncaaf football - Defensive Rankings & Statistics - April, 2014 | Odds Shark

Old 04-05-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
"Sucks" is kinda harsh. They had the #17 scoring defense and the #29 YPG defense in 2013:

ncaaf football - Defensive Rankings & Statistics - April, 2014 | Odds Shark
who did they play other than Lousivlle? Nobody, especially high scoring teams. Baylor scored on them all day in that bowl game and I think they were missing their best WR too. Their coach said his players wee too skinny to cover the SC wrs.

Only reason UCF was in the game with SC is SC fumbled it like 3 or 4 times. Which goes back to my point about fumbles being a luck thing. Once SC stopped fumbling, the game was over.

I tink it is funny that SC fans always tout the SEC but best win of the past 4 years is over UCF, a school from some crappy conference nobody can even name at this point. Obiuvsly their best wins can't be over Clemson. ACC school. lol

Old 04-05-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Baylor scored on them all day in that bowl game and I think they were missing their best WR too.
Worth pointing out here that they did beat Baylor. Carry on...

Old 04-05-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Worth pointing out here that they did beat Baylor. Carry on...
Yeah because Baylor d was just as bad. lol

I won this debate.

If SC was beating up on the SEC west the past few years and getting to at least the SEC title game, I'd be mmore inclined to believe they as top shelf as football program as thhey think they are. The UCF and Clemson and UGA wins are nice but none of those schools have been elite on defense in recent years. Especially UCF. lol SC's wins mostly coming over bad programs.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
I won this debate.
Wrong again.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Wrong again.
wut will you say when Clemson wins this year. Will you respect Dabo at that point? How many wins does Dabo need to have over SC for you to respect him. Obiviously beating other schools is irrelevant to you. In college football, the goal is to beat one school, SC. lol Your season sucks if you beat OSU and UGA if you lost to SC even though SC is supposedly a top 4 team. lol

ANd Clemson losing to SC on the road is much worse than SC losing to Tenn on the road. Because SEC, or something. lol

Old 04-05-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
wut will you say when Clemson wins this year. Will you respect Dabo at that point?
Nothing, and nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina