Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 02:05 PM

72 posts, read 76,594 times

Advertisements

I think our out of conference games should be focused on marketing our school to high school kids who don't live in SC. Makes more sense to schedule games againast exciting football programs like Oregon or Baylor rather than whatever it is Spurrier is trying to do. lol

I feel like past 3 years all these young kids are tuning in to the CLemson SC game just to see Boyd and Watkins and Hopkins , SC isn't brining anything to the tab le except maybe Clowney, in terms of excitement. Why should Clemson do all the work from the entertainment standpoint bu SC gets to freeload on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 02:16 PM

800 posts, read 1,463,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckygib View Post
I feel like past 3 years all these young kids are tuning in to the CLemson SC game just to see Boyd and Watkins and Hopkins...
...go 0-3 against the Gamecocks...

Old 04-05-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Why should Clemson do all the work from the entertainment standpoint
Because clemson jokes just write themselves.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
What drew you to SC?
Because I don't think sheep look especially attractive in lipstick.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
Because I don't think sheep look especially attractive in lipstick.
You prefer the prostitutes and shootings of the "big city".

Last time I checked Clemson has quite a few students who go there.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
Because clemson jokes just write themselves.
Clemson does ok, LSU-Clemson was considered most exciting bowl game 2 years ago, OSU-CLemson this year, and Clemson-UGA was top 3 exciting game this year in regular season.

You'd be hard pressed to find SC mentioned in an exciting game of the year conversation. lol The last 15 minutes of the Missouri game was pretty exciting, I will admit. lol It sucked up to that point though.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:39 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,409,848 times
Quote:
Clemson does ok, LSU-Clemson was considered most exciting bowl game 2 years ago, OSU-CLemson this year, and Clemson-UGA was top 3 exciting game this year in regular season.

You'd be hard pressed to find SC mentioned in an exciting game of the year conversation. lol The last 15 minutes of the Missouri game was pretty exciting, I will admit. lol It sucked up to that point though.
How about the USC vs Central Florida game? It was very exciting. Most don't mention it because UCF wasn't hyped. BUT, UCF went 13-1, won the Fiesta Bowl, finished in the top 10 of the rankings. And their only loss was to USC.

In my opinion, Central Florida was a better team than Ohio State this year, maybe better than UGA too.

Clemson has no doubt had some exciting games. They're a great team. They just have some kind of mental hurdle about the Gamecocks the last 5 years. They just crumble when they see that black and garnet get off the bus. Baffles me as to why.

Many of USC's games aren't exciting because they are either winning by a lot, or, their style- which is a ball control, smothering style. Like a big snake squeezing the life out of it's prey. Slow, methodical, and deadly effective. While Clemson is like a cheetah. Fast, aggressive, all-out style.

Python vs Cheetah. Who wins haha?

Old 04-07-2014, 02:08 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,409,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relay4Life View Post
You didn't watch UCF if you thought they were better, they clearly don't have the athletes that CLemson does, expecially on defense. Only reason USC struggled with them was like 4 turunovers by SC. SC played like crap and won.
Well, UCF's quarterback Blake Bortles is gonna get drafted WAY higher than Tajh Boyd. He may even be the top pick. Top 10 pick for sure. UCF's running back, Storm Johnson, is far better than anything Clemson has. And UCF's defense is better than Clemson. They held USC to fewer points than Clemson.

Anyone that watched the Baylor vs UCF Fiesta Bowl knows that UCF is an elite, top 5-10 team. Baylor had maybe the most explosive offense in the country, and UCF handed them their butts for most of that game. UCF also shut down Louisville, who was a powerful team fresh off a Sugar Bowl win over Florida, and many thought would be the national champion.

Only a person who is a casual fan, and doesn't really study the game, would think UCF isn't an elite squad.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:23 PM

If we can play like crap and still win, that kinda proves to me that USC might be pretty good now.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relay4Life View Post
SC didn't have any other teams they could brag about beating other than Clemson and maybe Missouri without their starting QB>
All of which finished in the Top 10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina