Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 08:42 AM

542 posts, read 1,107,985 times

Advertisements

I asked the same question in the Columbia Forum. We need to start taxing it, stop wasting resources on it, and fight the real problem drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 09:38 AM

467 posts, read 542,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinmoz View Post
I asked the same question in the Columbia Forum. We need to start taxing it, stop wasting resources on it, and fight the real problem drugs.
I doubt it.

I don't think government should be essentially blessing a drug culture.

Despite what potheads say, weeds is harmful to the human body and it does affect judgment.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:15 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,133,606 times
That's the spirit! Can't enforce the law so go ahead and just make it legal. Can't wait until armed robbery is legal.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:47 AM

3,591 posts, read 4,354,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis. View Post
I doubt it.

Despite what potheads say, weeds is harmful to the human body and it does affect judgment.

Gotta love the gross mischaracterization of those people who support the decriminalization or legalization of recreational drugs. I don't smoke, or ingest, marijuana. But, I do know that the war on drugs is a money sink that continues to grow without ever 'winning'. Our youth can get access to marijuana easier than alcohol, yet we want keep it illegal because of the kids. How about you don't bless it and you just get the gov's nose outta it?

It's a pointless stupid endevor that has been an absolute failure. We talk about the nanny state of NY and their banning big gulp sodas, but then turn around and say an adult can't use marijuana in the privacy of their own home.. but something proven to be much worse (alchohol) is A-OK. Heck these energy drinks consumed in quantity is harmful to the human body and can effect judgement. Go and chug a bottle of Robitussin and it's the same issue.

It simply boggles the mind. I hope as the elderly (and I'm in my 40s) move on, we can finally move away from a policy that was dictated by blatantly false propaganda. That's right, if you can't enforce a law, then you need to reassess the law. You shouldn't have a law you can't effectively enforce... it's pointless. Education has done more to reduce smokers in this country than making it illegal.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:51 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Legalize it, then tax it as GovCo does the beer and liquor industry. Instead of spending money on the insipid War on Drugs, tax it and spend the money elsewhere.
Quote:
So is alcohol on both counts.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Legalize it, then tax it as GovCo does the beer and liquor industry. Instead of spending money on the insipid War on Drugs, tax it and spend the money elsewhere.

So is alcohol on both counts.
lol you leftwingers have a curious cherrypicking approach to saving money. there are a lot bigger wastes of mmoney than the war on drugs and yo usupport all of that. I guess it is just about tax revenue for you b/c you love some taxes.

funny thing about Democrats is you guys always prattle on about how you care about the kids while pushing legaliztion of drugs at the same time. probably b/c you want people luped out on them so they more dependent on the Santa Claus Obama types.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:09 PM

"Francis";

Go eff yourself. You know very little about my political leanings and what i typically believe. The legalization of drugs is usually not a party line thin. In fact, most Democrats and Republicans agree that drugs should not be legalized. The War On Drugs has been proven to be a failure on almost every level, certainly financially.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNull View Post
Gotta love the gross mischaracterization of those people who support the decriminalization or legalization of recreational drugs. I don't smoke, or ingest, marijuana. But, I do know that the war on drugs is a money sink that continues to grow without ever 'winning'. Our youth can get access to marijuana easier than alcohol, yet we want keep it illegal because of the kids. How about you don't bless it and you just get the gov's nose outta it?

It's a pointless stupid endevor that has been an absolute failure. We talk about the nanny state of NY and their banning big gulp sodas, but then turn around and say an adult can't use marijuana in the privacy of their own home.. but something proven to be much worse (alchohol) is A-OK. Heck these energy drinks consumed in quantity is harmful to the human body and can effect judgement. Go and chug a bottle of Robitussin and it's the same issue.

It simply boggles the mind. I hope as the elderly (and I'm in my 40s) move on, we can finally move away from a policy that was dictated by blatantly false propaganda. That's right, if you can't enforce a law, then you need to reassess the law. You shouldn't have a law you can't effectively enforce... it's pointless. Education has done more to reduce smokers in this country than making it illegal.
actually you misconstrued my point. you can smoke pot in the privacy of your own home now, b/c who is going to know otherwise? so why do we need to make it legal other than potheads want to smoke up in public?

i think it is safe to say drinking a large coke isn't the same thing as smoking weed. I don't think a coke impairs your judgement.

Your own argument about alcohol works against you rather than helps you. You are basically saying alcohol leads to DUI while advocating increasing DUIs via legaliztion of weed.

the nanny state is this dumb fool Obama forcing people to buy health insurance and passing a law that jacks up people's premiums and causes people to lose their plans and doctors and even their jobs in some cases. Not the war on drug, pal. Drug addiction and abuse is behind na lot of the poverty in this country and I'll take the arrows for being a tough love kind of guy.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
"Francis";

Go eff yourself. You know very little about my political leanings and what i typically believe. The legalization of drugs is usually not a party line thin. In fact, most Democrats and Republicans agree that drugs should not be legalized. The War On Drugs has been proven to be a failure on almost every level, certainly financially.
lol you are def. an Obama fanboy, I do listen to what you say on here and I've interacted with you before.

legaliztion of drugs is a trumped up issue like the gay marriage thing, a small but rabid group of people make it seem like our no. 1 and no 2 issues in this country.

it is one thing to support legaliztion fo weed but I think the potheads put out a lot of just complete lies about the impacts of weed on the body to do so. It is also an addictive drug despite what they say, and they also say it doesn't impair judgement. lol

Old 01-02-2014, 01:34 PM

I've never heard anyone say it doesn't impair judgement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina