Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 01:57 PM

719 posts, read 1,059,189 times

Advertisements

I am curious if anyone knows where this specific location in the movie was. I am assuming that the location is in Oconee County South Carolina .It's near the end movie where James Dickey is telling Jon Voight and Ned Beatty to not come back to the area. The location looks like it is near Lake Jocassee on a hill that was cleared off so I am thinking it was not flooded by the lake as it rose .If you look closely in the background it looks like you can see Lake Jocassee as it was filling up. Here is the scene in the movie. You can see the surrounding area in this scene much better when you see the movie on tv but I thought it might be helpful to anyone who might know where this specific location is.

Deliverance (9/9) Movie CLIP - Don't Come Back Here (1972) HD - YouTube

Last edited by senecaman; 01-14-2014 at 02:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 03:58 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,409,743 times
The whole thing was filmed in downtown Greenville haha! Jk.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
The whole thing was filmed in downtown Greenville haha! Jk.
Burt Reynolds , Jon Voight, Ned Beatty and Ronnie Cox all going down the Reedy River. Cue the banjos .lol

Old 01-14-2014, 04:05 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,926,018 times
I know the movie was filmed in Georgia, but I could imagine that perhaps a scene or two were filmed just across the border.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I know the movie was filmed in Georgia, but I could imagine that perhaps a scene or two were filmed just across the border.
Near the end of the movie there are scenes filmed on and around Lake Jocassee in SC and in Sylva NC.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:12 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,132,164 times
I do know that the scenes of the trucks building the dam was filmed at Lake Jocassee. That dam is the Jocassee dam. And the whitewater river scenes were mostly shot on the Chatooga. The BIG rapid where they all fell out and Burt broke his leg was Bull Sluce. I've gone over it in a raft. It was awesome.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
I do know that the scenes of the trucks building the dam was filmed at Lake Jocassee. That dam is the Jocassee dam. And the whitewater river scenes were mostly shot on the Chatooga. The BIG rapid where they all fell out and Burt broke his leg was Bull Sluce. I've gone over it in a raft. It was awesome.
Just going by the visual clues on the youtube clip above it looks to me like the spot where James Dickey is talking to Jon Voight and Ned Beatty is west of Lake Jocassee and north of SC Highway 11. If you watch this scene on tv (you get a much better view of the area when you see this scene on tv) the spot where they are looks like it's on a hill with no tress and a view of Lake Jocassee and the mountains to the east and it looks like it had been bulldozed off and was muddy (it may have been a place where heavy equipment and trucks for dam building had been kept as the Jocassee Dam was still being built at the time the movie was shot).So the land was possible being used in the late 60s and the early 70s and the scene at this spot was filmed in the summer of 1971. This spot might be near where the Bad Creek Project is now off SC Highway 130. Any guesses from these clues where this spot is?

Old 01-14-2014, 09:07 PM

I was watching the youtube clip in the first post of this thread again and I noticed what might be another clue as to the location of the scene between James Dickey, Jon Voight and Ned Beatty. As I said before you can see all this much better if you watch the movie on tv but near the end of the clip above as Ned Beatty says goodbye to Jon Voight and turns to go to his car you can see in the background what looks like granite rock being mined ,possible for finishing the Jocassee Dam.It seems to me this location has to be off SC Highway 130 above Salem maybe not too far from where the Badcreek Project is now.

Last edited by senecaman; 01-14-2014 at 10:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina