Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 09:06 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,577,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. I think gville was just defending from the ego driven post before his. No slap at Columbia. You are right in your post here.
Indeed, for all we know based on the given information, Columbia and Greenville could have superior support systems for the homeless and thus their higher numbers. Granted, that would not account for everything, but it's something to consider when looking at these numbers. At the end of the day, this has nothing to do with the topic and is just one poster's attempt to degrade areas he or she knows very little about. But this is not surprising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 05:19 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Unless some government agency is actually in their cars, driving around to every address in our lovely state, counting each plastic bottle, trash pile, cigarette butt, then the claim of Trashiest state is without foundation. Ever been to the New York/New Jersey Shore? Their beaches have more trash than our entire state does.

Fact of the matter is Ying and Yang, for everything positive someone has to say about where they live, there's always going to be that person on the flip-side telling you how crappy it is.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:58 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,134,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Unless some government agency is actually in their cars, driving around to every address in our lovely state, counting each plastic bottle, trash pile, cigarette butt, then the claim of Trashiest state is without foundation. Ever been to the New York/New Jersey Shore? Their beaches have more trash than our entire state does.

Fact of the matter is Ying and Yang, for everything positive someone has to say about where they live, there's always going to be that person on the flip-side telling you how crappy it is.
We went to NYC for a vacation about 5 years ago. We had one day planned to go out to Coney Island and eat at the original Nathan's and ride some rides. I told the kids to pack a swim suit and bring a towel just in case they wanted to get into the water. We walked out on the beach and I couldn't believe how filthy it was. The trash is so ground up that it is mixed in very fine with the sand. Little tiny bits of plastic everywhere. I wouldn't let them take their shoes off let alone get into the water.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:00 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
We went to NYC for a vacation about 5 years ago. We had one day planned to go out to Coney Island and eat at the original Nathan's and ride some rides. I told the kids to pack a swim suit and bring a towel just in case they wanted to get into the water. We walked out on the beach and I couldn't believe how filthy it was. The trash is so ground up that it is mixed in very fine with the sand. Little tiny bits of plastic everywhere. I wouldn't let them take their shoes off let alone get into the water.
Sounds like all the homeless tent camp areas, by the river, around the zoo in Columbia. Trashy.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:25 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,669,547 times
Whitehorse Rd and West Greenville, Nicholtown, and Jamestown.

All in Greenville County....Aka the Dump....Far worse than anything in Columbia and Charleston

Old 04-10-2014, 09:36 PM

12,922 posts, read 18,765,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Sounds like all the homeless tent camp areas, by the river, around the zoo in Columbia. Trashy.
The tent camp area near the zoo in Columbia was cleared out about five years ago. Columbia is making big strides in handling homelessness.

Meanwhile: In the shadow of downtown, the homeless survive by their own rules | The Greenville News | greenvilleonline.com

Sorry. Anti-Columbia posts bring out the worst in me.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:50 AM

5,491 posts, read 8,324,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chs2014 View Post
Whitehorse Rd and West Greenville, Nicholtown, and Jamestown.

All in Greenville County....Aka the Dump....Far worse than anything in Columbia and Charleston
Have you ever been outside of Charleston? Where does the deep rooted, energy wasting, hate for Greenville come from? I'm amazed. I can't think of any place I'd waste time and energy just hating. It can be used for something much more productive. This is some very ignorant stuff.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
The tent camp area near the zoo in Columbia was cleared out about five years ago. Columbia is making big strides in handling homelessness.

Meanwhile: In the shadow of downtown, the homeless survive by their own rules | The Greenville News | greenvilleonline.com

Sorry. Anti-Columbia posts bring out the worst in me.
These 2 guys are very similar, but just hate in different ways. Don't let them bring the worst out of you. Stay cool, don't go down to their level.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:55 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,669,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
Have you ever been outside of Charleston? Where does the deep rooted, energy wasting, hate for Greenville come from? I'm amazed. I can't think of any place I'd waste time and energy just hating. It can be used for something much more productive. This is some very ignorant stuff.

Greenville County is like the middle child. Always looking for attention, but always settles for 2nd place.

You tell an outsider you're from Charleston: Most say: "Wow, such a nice place, 3 years in a row as the top tourist place in the US"
You tell an outsider you're from Greenville: Most say: "Where?", or "Ohh... I love North Carolina"

Old 04-11-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chs2014 View Post
Greenville County is like the middle child. Always looking for attention, but always settles for 2nd place.

You tell an outsider you're from Charleston: Most say: "Wow, such a nice place, 3 years in a row as the top tourist place in the US"
You tell an outsider you're from Greenville: Most say: "Where?", or "Ohh... I love North Carolina"
If you say so. I'm not coming down to your level. I don't argue with teenagers buddy. You can take it elsewhere. I have your ignorance blocked now. If most of Charleston is like you it's in trouble. Luckily it isn't though. Have a nice weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina