Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2007, 05:54 PM

2 posts, read 6,309 times

Advertisements

My wife and I plan to visit Seneca, Oconee and Greenville counties in February. We are looking for a home suitable for empty-nesters. Sixtyish, with two greyhounds and two cats. Four or more acres (we like space). We prefer a rural area. A garage and driveway space are important. A fenced in area in the yard would be nice.

We are concerned with reasonable access to emergency medical clinics, veterinary services, and the distance to the nearest Wally World. Since my business affairs are conducted over the internet, access to broadband (DSL, cable, satellite) is a must.

Since we aren't familiar with the local practices in the real estate market we will need a patient and trustworthy real estate salesman/lady.

Any recommendations? Any unit of SC government I can check with for complaint history?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2007, 03:49 PM

745 posts, read 2,233,560 times
We are almost empty-nesters, and will be in our late 50's by the time we build in Traveler's Rest. Our lot is 5 miles from Wally World; 15 miles from downtown Greenville, and yet very rural and quiet. It was the only area in the southeast US that had that combination w/ affordable real estate prices. We both need to work in a city for some years yet, so it suits us well. With 4 or more acres, you'll have plenty of room for a garage and driveway, even if you have to add them after the fact. I'll PM you the name and number of our realtor- she knows the area, and was great w/ us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina