Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 09:11 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,962,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSUfan View Post
It's going to change a lot of things. Conventions, sports events, and concerts can now come since many of these things boycotted coming to the state because the flag was up. I also expect more economic development to come.
Really? Having a couple more basketball games here is going to increase economical development? You're expecting giant skyscrapers and subdivisions to get built because of this? Volvo, BMW, and Boeing came here and it had nothing to do with what flag was or wasn't flying over a monument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 09:35 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,412,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Really? Having a couple more basketball games here is going to increase economical development? You're expecting giant skyscrapers and subdivisions to get built because of this? Volvo, BMW, and Boeing came here and it had nothing to do with what flag was or wasn't flying over a monument.
College football bowl games can come here now.

Charleston tried to get one at Citadels stadium. Columbia could host one too. But the NCAA wont allow it bc of the ban.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:35 AM

5,677 posts, read 5,901,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSUfan View Post
It's going to change a lot of things. Conventions, sports events, and concerts can now come since many of these things boycotted coming to the state because the flag was up. I also expect more economic development to come.
I meant the attitudes of people on both sides. People gonna hate no matter what! You are NOT going to please everyone, flag or not, and its not going to stop! Next people will want the Hunley re-sunk because it had something to do with the Civil War, monuments will have to come down, or something! It wont end with a flag!!

Old 07-07-2015, 09:38 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,849,447 times
Quote:
I never said having more games is gonna increase economic development. I said I expect more economic development to come or ones that wouldn't come here with the flag up. Maybe he midlands can now get its piece of the pie compared to other parts of the state.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
And not to mention the companies that have moved into the UPSTATE, which the OP seems to dislike! They fly their flags in front of the buildings as well, but I guess they will need to come down eventually, they will surely offend someone!

Old 07-07-2015, 09:40 AM

37,896 posts, read 42,027,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
And not to mention the companies that have moved into the UPSTATE, which the OP seems to dislike! They fly their flags in front of the buildings as well, but I guess they will need to come down eventually, they will surely offend someone!
Don't be obtuse.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:12 AM

53 posts, read 42,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
College football bowl games can come here now.

Charleston tried to get one at Citadels stadium. Columbia could host one too. But the NCAA wont allow it bc of the ban.

Isn't that the same organization(along with colleges) who makes millions off students while paying them $0? Isn't that sort of modern day slavery? Kind of ironic if you ask me...

Old 07-07-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Don't be obtuse.
Care to explain that remark!!??

Old 07-07-2015, 11:39 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,962,370 times
The flag means different things to different people. A CNN poll said 57% of people say it represents southern pride. It's obvious 57% are not racist. The context of where and how the flag is flown is just as important as the flag itself.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:43 AM

37,896 posts, read 42,027,746 times
Quote:
The flag means different things to different people. A CNN poll said 57% of people say it represents southern pride. It's obvious 57% are not racist. The context of where and how the flag is flown is just as important as the flag itself.
How is that obvious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina