Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2016, 05:13 PM

2 posts, read 1,596 times

Advertisements

I was talking to a Greenwood city planner during the showing of the new countywide master plan. We were having a discussion about the traffic on Reynolds St. and East Durst, and how bad it was in that area. I told him how I couldn't see the traffic in that area get any better. So I asked him, have they ever planned to turn that area into space that is similar a downtown or an urban space setting for that side of town. He told me yes, they just discussed that topic at their last meeting . I was wondering , what would you guys think if the area in between and around Reynold and east durst were more like a downtown/urban space. what would you all place in that area and how would you change it? 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 05:15 PM

2 posts, read 1,596 times
I would first start off by making the area that is between Reynold and east durst, high-rise condominium living space that starts at the intersection of Cokesbury St. and end where pearl St. and Melony lane begins. Then connecting the two streets, Pearl St. and Melony Lane creating a two-lane connector. that will make a new intersection. On Reynold St. it will be more motorist-friendly and on east durst more pedestrian friend with crosswalks bike lanes and parking garages. Then at the new intersection, it will mark the start of the three new hotels. Which will have on the bottom floors high-end restaurant that may have jazz theme or some type of an establishment that has a classy flare to it. Where the Chapala building stands would start the five building that could be around 5 to 6 stories tall. That would have office space for call centers or for professional practices like doctors and law firms. on both sides of the hotels, on the first floors and the sides of the five buildings would be retail shops similar to a downtown or urban area. That will start at the new intersection at Pearl St. and Melony Lane and end on spring valley road and continue down to the bypass 72.
1s

Old 11-20-2016, 05:48 PM

21,025 posts, read 27,333,492 times
Reynolds Avenue and East Durst Avenue are mostly residential from Grace Street to Cokesbury Street and light commercial and industrial from Cokesbury Avenue to Bypass 72 Northwest. There is a railroad bed that between Reynolds Avenue and East Durst Avenue that could be used as a rail trail. I do not foresee intense density development along either corridor.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:30 PM

696 posts, read 1,337,962 times
Pardon the phrasing, but that's kind of an ugly area right around there. It would seem like anything they do can only improve it.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:59 AM

21,025 posts, read 27,333,492 times
It would be easier to infill and develop areas on the southern end of Greenwood. I would not mind seeing smart growth along the Marshall Road, New Market Street, and Bypass 25 Northeast corridors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina