Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 06:41 PM

32 posts, read 74,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASC Girl View Post
You are simply not educated on the matter, & are spouting propoganda concocted by Northerners & taught, unfortunatley, around the country.
The same goes for you.

Quote:
I moved down here from Massachusetts, & researched the "Civil War", as it's unfortunatley called, & found that the great, freedom fighting North was/is a crock.
I was taught propaganda from the north, you were taught propaganda from the south.

Quote:
Seriously man, only the uneducated still yammer on about that war being about slavery...ludicrous.
I guess you are pretty uneducated then, because this is definitely one of the things this war was about.

Quote:
Do some research before you throw around hackneyed lies & propoganda on this board, man. The people here know the truth. You don't.
Right back at ya.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:43 PM

549 posts, read 1,741,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCDude View Post
Improving prospects usually means financially.

pros·pect 1. Something expected; a possibility.
2. prospects
a. Chances.
b. Financial expectations, especially of success.

My point is just because you wouldn't do something doesn't mean others shouldn't, they can move for whatever reason they want to.

Actually I am not your are just assuming I am. I am simply stating that just because someone is a native does not give them the right to try to rid of outsiders. This is all I am saying, you are just accusing me of other things.
People generally retire to lower cost areas in order to improve their financial prospects. US citizens and legal residents of this country are welcome to move to the south to improve their lot in life, I completely understand their motivation. However, you'd be hard pressed to make the case that someone who moves from NJ to SC in order to afford a bigger house 'owns' the state in the same way as a born and bred South Carolinian. I'm not trying to run anyone out, but I don't have the time of day for people who move here to take what they can get before moving on.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto Heel View Post
People generally retire to lower cost areas in order to improve their financial prospects.
I hardly ever hear this, yet I constantly hear of people that are tired of the cold weather and shoveling snow so they move to a warmer climate.

Quote:
I'm not trying to run anyone out, but I don't have the time of day for people who move here to take what they can get before moving on.
In what ways are people moving here, taking what they can get, and moving on?

Quote:
US citizens and legal residents of this country are welcome to move to the south to improve their lot in life, I completely understand their motivation. However, you'd be hard pressed to make the case that someone who moves from NJ to SC in order to afford a bigger house 'owns' the state in the same way as a born and bred South Carolinian.
What is your definition of 'owns'? My definition of ownership is if you own something like land then you have the legal right to keep others off of it. Since nobody owns any state except their property in that state, they can't legally tell outsiders to stay out. If they could, then they would and there wouldn't be any transplants in any state.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:55 PM

549 posts, read 1,741,525 times
Apparently, SCDude, your "thing" is arguing with people over this topic. I've already answered your questions many times over. Have a good evening.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Apparently, SCDude, your "thing" is arguing with people over this topic. I've already answered your questions many times over. Have a good evening.
Actually, you started this argument, and your answer to this question was very vague. Thanks, you have a good evening as well.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:26 PM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,880,522 times
We moved here from NJ and we didn't buy a bigger house -

We don't plan on moving and honestly I wouldn't move anywhere else, but I am just curious "what would I take before I move on".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina