Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 01:10 PM

108 posts, read 502,781 times

Advertisements

One more thing, expect people to give you their life stories EVERYWHERE you go. Way too much information sometimes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 03:18 PM

245 posts, read 1,019,943 times
The warm weather. I love being able to go outside in the winter and just wear a sweatshirt or fleece jacket. I think we spend more time outdoors during the winter then during the summer.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:37 PM

617 posts, read 2,572,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestedTraveler View Post
I've not been to Oysters on the West End yet, but I've got a friend who absolutely loves dining on the rooftop there. I'd like to check it out one of these evenings. The food is very good in Greenville and there are tons of very nice restaurants (Soby's, Rio, Devereaux's, Restaurant O, High Cotton, Somke on the Water, Erwin's, just to name a few) throughout downtown. This is very true and I didn't mean to make it sound like Greenville didn't have awesome food...it's just relatively speaking, I feel the best food is in the lowcountry.
Oh, I definitely agree! I have many favorite restaurants in Charleston and the surrounding areas...I just wanted to throw it out there that Greenville still has an excellent choice of food!

And the restaurants you listed are great (and half of them owned by the same person, haha), but there are also plenty of more affordable restaurants that are still really good. Chicora Alley, Overlook Grill, Charlie's Steakhouse, etc.

The man who owns Restaurant O, Soby's, Soby's on the Side, Devereaux's, and The Hot Dog King is opening another restaurant sometime soon in that Riverplace complex as well.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:37 PM

250 posts, read 1,212,640 times
Thumbs up Great Food in Greenville

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2y2r7o View Post
Oh, I definitely agree! I have many favorite restaurants in Charleston and the surrounding areas...I just wanted to throw it out there that Greenville still has an excellent choice of food!

And the restaurants you listed are great (and half of them owned by the same person, haha), but there are also plenty of more affordable restaurants that are still really good. Chicora Alley, Overlook Grill, Charlie's Steakhouse (http://www.charliessteakhousegreenville.com/ - broken link), etc.

The man who owns Restaurant O, Soby's, Soby's on the Side, Devereaux's, and The Hot Dog King is opening another restaurant sometime soon in that Riverplace complex as well.
Overlook Grill is awesome. Sam has a pretty good thing going on there. My daughter and I love to go in there on Saturday afternoons for lunch...it's our father-daughter thing.

I didn't think Carl owned Deveraux's? The restaurant you refer to at RiverPlace is going to be called the Lazy Goat and it will be located in the lower level of the Hampton Inn and Suites at River Place.

Liberty Taproom will be opening soon in the Fieldhouse at West End. And we can't forget Mellow Mushroom, Wild Wing Cafe, Sticky Fingers, Bellacino's, Barley's Taproom, Blue Ridge Brewing Company, Ristorante Bergamo, Lemongrass, The Cazbah, Paris Cafe Bakery, Tsunami Greenville, Sushi Murasaki, etc....all good and affordable choices, too.

Last edited by RestedTraveler; 05-15-2007 at 07:58 PM..

Old 05-16-2007, 01:04 PM

617 posts, read 2,572,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestedTraveler View Post
Overlook Grill is awesome. Sam has a pretty good thing going on there. My daughter and I love to go in there on Saturday afternoons for lunch...it's our father-daughter thing.

I didn't think Carl owned Deveraux's? The restaurant you refer to at RiverPlace is going to be called the Lazy Goat and it will be located in the lower level of the Hampton Inn and Suites at River Place.

Liberty Taproom will be opening soon in the Fieldhouse at West End. And we can't forget Mellow Mushroom, Wild Wing Cafe, Sticky Fingers, Bellacino's, Barley's Taproom, Blue Ridge Brewing Company, Ristorante Bergamo, Lemongrass, The Cazbah, Paris Cafe Bakery, Tsunami Greenville, Sushi Murasaki, etc....all good and affordable choices, too.
Yep, Carl actually just bought Devereaux's not too long ago. I have a friend who works there, and knew that the last part of the new restaurant was Goat, but she couldn't tell me the name haha. Thanks for the info!

I haven't been to lemon grass yet, but have really been wanting to try it out. I hear it's good but I just haven't been around the last few months to stop by.(just finished first year at Winthrop!)

Old 05-16-2007, 01:21 PM

250 posts, read 1,212,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2y2r7o View Post
Yep, Carl actually just bought Devereaux's not too long ago. I have a friend who works there, and knew that the last part of the new restaurant was Goat, but she couldn't tell me the name haha. Thanks for the info!
Wow, doesn't he just have quite the little Court Street Monopoly going on there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina