Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 10:20 AM

13 posts, read 49,121 times

Advertisements

I do agree with the quaint hostility call. I'm from Newport Beach Ca and found that to be my experience when I lived in SC. I will say that each person's experience will differ I do feel if you are moving from a large metro area like NY, Orange County, or LA you'll see the difference immediately. It was like a different country not alot of diversity so you'll be noticed immediately because of your mannerism and speech compared to the locals. Alot of the small towns have the society"country club" set and they set the standards for the town. There are millions in my town wealthy and not so it's no big deal if you're a have. I spent about 15 months in the lowlands and didn't care for the slower pace, great distances between large cities. I did notice racism still exist just under the surface even in 21st century and I'm white. Like I said everyone will see things differently I returned to southern california and am happy to be in a large diverse city again. If moving from a large city with all the ammenities at your disposal you won't find that unless your in Columbia, Charleston, or Greenville. Perhaps it's best to choose a larger city to get a better balance.

Last edited by SoCalstuckinheehawhell; 05-01-2008 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: mispelled words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina