Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 07:08 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,717,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleharley View Post
It's winter time in North Dakota.
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.
Oh, how I love North Dakota
When the snow's up to your butt.
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around.
I could never leave North Dakota
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!!

uh
Haha! Are you poet or is that a popular tune in NoDak?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 08:21 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,857,159 times
It's not my work. The poem is popular in the Red River Valley, around Fargo & Grand Forks.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:36 PM

4 posts, read 19,756 times
No WAY!! I like my state the way it is!! I don't want North Dakota's reputation to reflect on us. South Dakota has way more to offer.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:41 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,925,191 times
Let North Dakota sing their tune, but South Dakota has the "Great Faces, Great Places" tune. This tune is good promotional material with a postive, proud, and old-west feel that will lure those North Dakotans to come down and visit our fine state with the Corn Place, Badlands NP, Wall Drug, Mount Rushmore (of course), Crazy Horse, and the Black Hills. North Dakotans are certainly welcomed as visitors/guests and residents in South Dakota.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:39 AM

3 posts, read 10,347 times
Default Pollock

Pollock would make an awesome Capitol for Dakota Territory

I think the Fishing and the Buffalo Grill are great

and also think it is good that everyone else in country think there is nothing out here, less people here the better, like that it is not to populated, thats what makes Dakotas what they are. Room to Breathe

Old 12-10-2008, 09:16 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,925,191 times
Pollock would be a good central point, although Bismarck or Aberdeen would be suitable for state capitals for a state of "Dakota". Theoretically, there would have to be a few state universities that would either close or be converted into community colleges. The ones worthy of keeping as full-fledged state universities in the combined state include: USD in Vermillion, UND in Grand Forks, NDSU in Fargo, SDSU in Brookings, either School of Mines in Rapid City or Black Hills State in Spearfish, either Dickinson State in Dickinson or Minot State in Minot, and Northern State in Aberdeen. Having a community college system would be wise and utilize the smaller state universities and the vo-techs. The overlapping facilities within close proximity would be combined and one or the other campus would be sold or actioned off. A lot of our counties could be combined also (from 110-120 counties in both Dakotas to about 50-60 for the combined).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota