Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 02:57 AM

415 posts, read 972,698 times

Advertisements

Well I will be taking a break from the forum for a few

The wife miscarried this week and its taking a toll on us i think. 5 miscarries in the past 10 years. Seems theres alot of ladies out there having trouble carrying to term after taking the Depo Prevara Shot. Kelly took hers 11 years ago and still nothing but problems. We've found another forum where there are women on it that have had problems also anywhere from the 2 yr mark to the 10 yr mark like kelly.

I would like to suggest that if anyone knows of anyone that maybe be thinking of taking the depo prevara shot for birth control to please give it some thinking, It could prevent you from carrying in the future if you change your mind and want to have kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 03:24 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
I am so sorry this is happening to you. Give your wife a hug from all of us.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:35 AM

19,723 posts, read 10,497,140 times
SDHomesteader...........
Your family is in my prayers.

LIFE...so fragile.
LOSS... so sudden.
HEART...so broken.

In the wake of such a loss, we're haunted by things we don't - and may never - understand.
Yet the solace we seek, may not come from answers.
So we look for comfort in the belief of love's everlasting
connection.

May that love lift you,

hold you close,

and give you peace.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:21 AM

1,582 posts, read 3,109,710 times
I am so sorry to hear about your loss! Thank you, though, for posting the information. My dr has been trying to convince me to go on Depo, and this is just one more reason for me not to. I would probably not have known, had you not posted.

My sincerest thanks, and my very best wishes to you both!

Old 11-07-2008, 08:41 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Homesteader, you and your wife have my condolences and I'm so sorry this has happened to you.

It's good of you to get the word out and let people be aware of it so others don't have to suffer through this.

I wish there was something I could say to ease your pain, but it's kind of futile. Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:49 AM

3,941 posts, read 14,716,248 times
Homesteader, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the information too.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:57 AM

415 posts, read 972,698 times
Thanks so much guys, its really taking a toll on the wife both physically and mentally. Getting the hopes up and then having them crushed again. She made it almost to the 3 month mark which is why we were pretty hopeful cuz the other 4 miscarriages all happened within the 1st month.

Another thing about the Depo Shot, There is a class action lawsuit going on up in Canada against the makers of the cursed drug concerning bone density loss, seems theres quite a few women who have taken the shot semi long term to long term and even though they are 24-28 yrs old they have the bone density of 55-60 yr olds.

We still have yet to find a class action lawsuit going on for the infertility thing (mainly cuz most of the doctors refuse to acknowledge that its the cause, yet its the one common factor with all the women not being able to carry) And when we did contact a lawyer after the 2nd Miscarriage almost 8 yrs ago, they said there wasn't enough women yet to warrant it. You'd think it would only take one woman to open someones eyes but apparently its a numbers game as usual lol.

Also makes me wonder about this so called Gardasil Vaccine they are trying to force on women, its a fairly new drug, so what happens 5 years down the road when they discover it makes women infertile too, or some other thing. And I hear there somes states mandating the shot. Scares me to death that the side effects aren't even known yet on something that new but lets go ahead and FORCE people to get it anyway.

Thank you all again for your support, I've come to love this board, even though I do get a bit edgy sometimes and its nice to have people in the same general area (ok SD is a bit big and some of ya are on the OTHER side of the state but still LOL) to chat with and compare notes with.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:12 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Homesteader, it's so negligent how they put those garbage meds out there without any long term testing done. Guess it may have something to do with the FDA getting their paycheck from the drug companies. That still baffles me to no end.

I had never heard of the shot until the early 90s so that's probably when it first came out. It's just so sad that they've now ruined happiness for so many families.

Since you and your wife are with a support group with people who are in the same situation~what are the thoughts on a lawsuit? Is there a group of lawyers who are looking for clients for this? If so, just be cautious. Rumor has it that most of the time the clients get a couple of dollars and the attorneys get the big bucks.

Oh sorry this ended up long. Originally I just wanted to make a suggestion for your wife. She may want to consider having a bone density test just to be sure she doesn't have the start of osteoporosis. It's probably the last thing on her mind right now, but she may want to consider doing that in the future.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:41 PM

77 posts, read 291,284 times
So sorry to hear your bad news, Homesteader. All the best to you and your wife.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:51 PM

400 posts, read 1,238,423 times
So sorry to hear the news, Homesteader, that's an awful thing to have to go through once, let alone many times. Just hold tight to each other, listen and be there for each other, let your wife know that we are all thinking of you both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
View detailed profiles of: