Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2016, 04:02 PM

63 posts, read 248,599 times

Advertisements

I have two sons with ASD. We live in WA my older son is in Gen Ed with a one on one para. Unfortunately that is the exception not the rule in Wa. Unless you have aspergers you usually get put in a life skills class across town. My older son luckily had an iep from CA. My younger son now 10 was in life skills for years and we've been fighting. They don't have ABA available in the schools they get 30 min Ot and 30 min speech. I'm homeschooling him this year and have tried fighting for inclusion with an aid. Weve had my 10 yr old privately evaluated and they believe he could still make alot of progress with the right supports he def needs aba at this point.We've decided that I will move with my son's to a state that has the services they need for next fall. My husband is searching for a new job and will either move with us or follow us late once he finds a good position. I'm looking for advice on towns your happy with and towns to stay away from. We would consider NY also but from what I've heard NJ and PA are the top states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 06:10 PM

8 posts, read 15,963 times
PA has Act 62 for autism coverage. The Access (Medicaid) card can pay for autism services no matter your income. If you already have medical insurance Access would be secondary. Avoid south central PA, where it is more rural and services are hard to find. The best areas would be suburbs of Philly, Pittsburg, or Harrisburg. There are Autism Society chapters in all three you could contact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children