Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 09:21 PM

333 posts, read 977,221 times

Advertisements

One of the universities I'm considering for Dietetics/Nutrition is Spokane, and I'm just wondering if this a good campus for it or if it tends to get overlooked? How friendly and helpful do the students and teachers seem? Any idea on student-teacher ratio would be great too. Thanks all. Just trying to narrow down my choices.

Other ones I am considering are; McGill University (Montreal), U of W - Madison, University of Otago (New Zealand), Rutger's, Cornell, Berkeley, Charles Sturt University (Australia) and University of Wollongong (Australia).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 03:16 PM

2 posts, read 3,957 times
I'm admittedly biased--I work at WSU Spokane--but I think our campus and this program are great.

I've had the chance to have a student as a nutrition/exercise counselor. They do a program every year called "Highway to Health" in which we can sign up for individual consultations to help us meet our health and fitness goals. My husband also signed up for this program; he's a locally competitive cyclist and absolutely raved about the personalized information and support he got from his student. This reflects well on the program and faculty.

All of our buildings are pretty new--the oldest was built in 1996. We're right on the Spokane River and lie on the eastern edge of downtown so there's plenty to do within easy biking/walking distance.

Program admissions are highly competitive and I'd encourage you to go ahead and apply. You've probably already checked out the program page at WSU Spokane: Nutrition and Exercise Physiology (http://bit.ly/WSUExMet - broken link). There are articles about the program in various back issues of our Campus Bulletin including these ones:
WSU Spokane: Campus Bulletin - July 16, 2010
WSU Spokane: News and Events

We're building an academic health sciences center where all the health professions have the chance to interact. It's a very exciting time here.

Ways to learn more about WSU Spokane:
Anyone can subscribe to the Bulletin for more info (WSU Spokane: About has link/instructions).
Facebook: WSU Spokane | Facebook
Twitter: @WSUSpokane
YouTube: YouTube - GoWSUSpokane's Channel
LinkedIn group on Spokane Health Care/Health Sciences (just started August 2010): Spokane Health Care & Health Sciences group | LinkedIn

Barb Chamberlain
Director of Communications and Public Affairs
Washington State University Spokane
WSU Spokane - Spokane, Washington

Go Cougs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area