Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 10:59 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times

Advertisements

I mean, just about everything related to housing nationwide has been going up for the last 7 or so years and people are just noticing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 09:27 AM

344 posts, read 416,816 times
I was in Spokane a few weeks ago doing some recon for a potential move. Had to push back my move dates until after the first of the year it was nice to see the different areas. KXLY has a YouTube channel and last week they had a story about residents panicking because of rent increases. The woman they profiled currently pays 500 and it is going to 600 for six months and then she has to find a new place. The reporter claimed that the rent on an average 2 bedroom apartment is 853. Not quite as bad as this thread might suggest. I am going back for a week after thanksgiving and will look at specific complexes then.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:30 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
It seems to me, just looking at the rental ads on Craigslist that rent in Spokane is a lot cheaper than rent in Idaho. But I do wonder if the low rent places in Spokane are in less good neighborhoods. Sometimes the smaller houses with the low rent look like they could use some care.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:24 PM

19 posts, read 38,718 times
It is interesting to see the cost of renting vs a mortgage payment in Spokane. I'm sure it is like that ever where. Buddy of mine is putting his house up for rent for 1800 a month in Indian trail. Granted it is a large house at 3400sq ft but it is amazing how what he is charging, is three times his mortgage payment a month. Plus he already has people lined up to sign a lease. This seems to be the same at the top of the five mile bluff. Makes me and others think about doing the same.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:00 PM

206 posts, read 333,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
It seems to me, just looking at the rental ads on Craigslist that rent in Spokane is a lot cheaper than rent in Idaho. But I do wonder if the low rent places in Spokane are in less good neighborhoods.
The City of Spokane is not exactly synonymous with "upscale" unless you're located on the South Hill, and even there some may argue select SH 'hoods are more crime-ridden than Hillyard, East Central, and even the infamous Felony Flats.

North Idaho, on the other hand, has long been the subject of an idealized 'merica and a haven for Southern California/Western Washington expats seeking asylum from 1-5 traffic, crime, insane property taxes, and all the rest of it. The scenery and recreation are world-class and even with their lower property taxes they've found funds to build bike trails all over the place. Meanwhile, Spokane struggles to address it's pothole hell: https://my.spokanecity.org/news/stor...anes-potholes/

Old 10-06-2017, 08:41 PM

486 posts, read 842,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem22 View Post
The City of Spokane is not exactly synonymous with "upscale" unless you're located on the South Hill, and even there some may argue select SH 'hoods are more crime-ridden than Hillyard, East Central, and even the infamous Felony Flats.

North Idaho, on the other hand, has long been the subject of an idealized 'merica and a haven for Southern California/Western Washington expats seeking asylum from 1-5 traffic, crime, insane property taxes, and all the rest of it. The scenery and recreation are world-class and even with their lower property taxes they've found funds to build bike trails all over the place. Meanwhile, Spokane struggles to address it's pothole hell: https://my.spokanecity.org/news/stor...anes-potholes/
You must be a N. Idaho realtor.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area