Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 02:10 PM

36 posts, read 298,255 times

Advertisements

I recently relocated from Spokane to the Seattle area and decided to try the Dick's Hamburgers in Seattle since I loved Dick's in Spokane. It's not even close! I thought I'd be getting all the same delicious variety of hamburgers and other sandwiches I got in Spokane plus the great greasy fries. Seattle's Dick's only has a few selections , plus the fries aren't nearly as good. It tries to be an obviously 50's style drive-in with the employees wearing the funny hats and uniforms. Is this even owned by the same people? Maybe this Dick's Hamburgers just happens to have the same name but is really a different restaurant altogether. All I know is, the Spokane Dick's is the real thing so if you come to Seattle and drop by a Dick's here thinking you get the same thing, you'll be disappointed. I have enjoyed my move over here but I do miss the real Dick's Hamburgers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 07:28 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times
No, not the same.

Although both are "institutions" in their own right, they are not under the same ownership.

I understand your comments but Dick's in Seattle has its own nostalgia for some of us as we grew up with it. I remember the one in Wallingford as a local iconic establishment back in my high school days in the 60's. Anytime I'm in town, I still go back to get a hamburger, fries, and a shake which haven't changed in over 40 years!

Old 03-30-2008, 09:51 PM

36 posts, read 298,255 times
I do want to clarify that I don't think Dick's in Seattle is a bad place. I liked their burgers OK and will go back. But after what I was used to in Spokane, it was a surprise it was so different and, IMO, not as good.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:05 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times
No, I know what you mean. I remember going to Dick's in Spokane many years ago. Kind of a hole-in-the-wallish type place, right? Yeah, good food there and much more "less fast-foodie" than Dick's in Seattle.

But you're right, no comparison. People shouldn't compare or assume any similarity just because the name is the same ...they are definitely two very different places that just happen to have the same name.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:47 AM

139 posts, read 153,432 times
Never had a dick burger.

Anyone try buffalo burgers?

Ate horse meat in Tucson when steaks were not available... Horsemeat ain't bad when dressed right.

Only problem is now I have an inexplicable compulsion to chase firetrucks.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:53 PM

438 posts, read 1,796,345 times
Rather eat kangaroo!
Look there goes Skippy! BOOM! Fire up the barbee!!!
No, seriously, ever get down to Australia you should try a good kanga-steak. Good eatin'. :~) D

Old 09-08-2008, 12:19 AM

115 posts, read 481,378 times
Dick's has to have the worst customer service in the planet. No special ordered burgers? Shouldn't it be easier/cheaper to make a "plain" burger? What do they do, just make 100 of them in the morning and then throw them under the heat lamp all day?

Old 09-25-2008, 11:16 PM

9 posts, read 48,821 times
I miss the fries with tarter sauce, even dipping cheese bugers in the tarter. Now I'm homesick. Time to visit again.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:33 PM

111 posts, read 392,263 times
Man, Dick's reminds me of hanging out on Capitol Hill in Seattle as a teen and of my Grandpa. I brought Dick's burgers and fries to his house in Ballard for a visit with my little ones and husband and Grandpa asked me to go back and get him one, he hadn't eaten there in so many years I don't even know (he was 89 or so). It was the last visit we had with him before he went into the hospital, then passed away. Great memory.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:47 AM

722 posts, read 1,511,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea7 View Post
I recently relocated from Spokane to the Seattle area and decided to try the Dick's Hamburgers in Seattle since I loved Dick's in Spokane. It's not even close! I thought I'd be getting all the same delicious variety of hamburgers and other sandwiches I got in Spokane plus the great greasy fries. Seattle's Dick's only has a few selections , plus the fries aren't nearly as good. It tries to be an obviously 50's style drive-in with the employees wearing the funny hats and uniforms. Is this even owned by the same people? Maybe this Dick's Hamburgers just happens to have the same name but is really a different restaurant altogether. All I know is, the Spokane Dick's is the real thing so if you come to Seattle and drop by a Dick's here thinking you get the same thing, you'll be disappointed. I have enjoyed my move over here but I do miss the real Dick's Hamburgers.
Dude you are crazy seattle dicks is the bomb when I moved here from seattle and found a dicks here i was so happy, then I ate there and man it was bad. i bring 8 to 12 deluxe home when i vist seattle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area