Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 01:28 PM

69 posts, read 112,908 times

Advertisements

May Allah 's peace and blessings be upon all of you dear sisters and brothers

I am writing to congratulate my brothers and sisters on that happy occasion

I whish all the best for the USA in world cup

Dear brothers and sisters take a small advice from me...
Let's pray for our great players bless them

Peace and love for God 's sake to all of you

Take good care of yourselves

Go on USA we are with you ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 09:58 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam-light View Post
May Allah 's peace and blessings be upon all of you dear sisters and brothers

I am writing to congratulate my brothers and sisters on that happy occasion

I whish all the best for the USA in world cup

Dear brothers and sisters take a small advice from me...
Let's pray for our great players bless them

Peace and love for God 's sake to all of you

Take good care of yourselves

Go on USA we are with you ...
Thank you, I am not Muslim but am Christian and I appreciate your words even in a loss today for Algeria...sorry it had to be your team, but it's the destiny of the USA this year. God Bless you!

Old 06-24-2010, 05:38 AM

69 posts, read 112,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Thank you, I am not Muslim but am Christian and I appreciate your words even in a loss today for Algeria...sorry it had to be your team, but it's the destiny of the USA this year. God Bless you!

Bless you dear brother
It's tru that my team lost but this is football ...the best wins
All the best for you
I would like to ask you if you don't mind what do you think about our young team ?

Old 06-24-2010, 06:55 AM

100 posts, read 155,841 times
i am fm ALGERIA nd i saym:congratulation USA i hope all the best ti you in world cup.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam-light View Post
Bless you dear brother
It's tru that my team lost but this is football ...the best wins
All the best for you
I would like to ask you if you don't mind what do you think about our young team ?
Algeria?, It seems like they were really tough to beat. I'm sure they will be back next time and do better with a few more years of game experiences. I am not too much of a soccer/football fan (I just became a fan during the World Cup actually..lol) because of all of my Brazilian friends. So, I like Brazil and the USA and Italy, but Algeria seemed tough when the USA played them from my little amount of knowledge I have to offer about soccer/football...lol

Thanks for the response, and God Bless!

Old 06-24-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nari View Post
i am fm ALGERIA nd i saym:congratulation USA i hope all the best ti you in world cup.
Hey, Thanks for the congratulations, and I also hope your team gets better and also does better next time in the World Cup. Sorry they had to lose.

God Bless you

Old 06-24-2010, 10:48 AM

Hey guys, Not everyone in America agrees about our country's military policies and invasions of other countries, but as with any country we love our soldiers because they are family members and friends to most of us and we love our national sports teams because they represent the people, and not the things our government may do that promotes the killing of innocents in the middle east . Now I do beleive we and every country should defend ourselves, but just like me, a lot of people over here disagree with what is going on right now in Afghanistan and Iraq, so don't beleive the mainstream media of the U.S. because they only show the minority views. Our soccer team is going through adversity by playing against the referees and the other teams because we've had goals taken away from us, but we still fight through that to try and win the games and that is what the "REAL" America is about guys. We are meant to be a land that anyone can come to and start over in life, but things are changing over here now. All I have to say is God bless you guys and just judge everyone as an individual and not as a race or country, that is what I try to do. God Bless you both.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:08 AM

X-Greensboro....I just posted this because sometimes people in the far away countries think we might hate them for no reason because of things they see our government doing. I just wanted to make it a point to let people know that America is filled with different people from all over and different view-points an what they see in the media does not represent what the majority might think over here all the time. I also wanted to say that the way our soccer team is playing is how Americans really are. We never give up and this team gives the average person here who is struggling (lower-middle class/poor folks) something to cheer about in these times.

Of coarse there are worse countries as far as poverty and violence goes, but some areas of this country have the same issues as anywhere in the world and we have to live down the street from the rich folks here who have 2 or 3 cars when we walk to work or take a bus or even the people who don't have jobs like me live around other people who have resources but don't wanna help other people. That's America and there are just a lot of different cultures and lifestyles here and our Soccer team has brought a lot of people together from all different kinds of backgrounds.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:16 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,974 times
To the OP...you really need to keep your religiousity stuff in the religion forums. Bless everyone in there.

This is the sports forum.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
To the OP...you really need to keep your religiousity stuff in the religion forums. Bless everyone in there.

This is the sports forum.
The point is that even through a loss the OP congratulates the team who defeated their country's team. Now who in this thread has more character after what you said? My vote is the humbled OP, Don't fear religion because you don't beleive in it anyways so what's to fear in your eyes? Or does it make you uncomfortable to speak about God because you actually do beleive he exists?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports