Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 03:56 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,094,521 times

Advertisements

Sometimes a fan only owns one hat or one jacket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 07:00 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,931,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Sometimes a fan only owns one hat or one jacket.
This....

Although I certainly found it to be a head-scratcher when I was in school that there seemed to always be THAT person who would wear their losing teams jersey on a Monday morning after that team lost. Probably enjoyed the extra attention... good or bad I suppose?

Old 12-03-2014, 12:39 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,359,841 times
I wear my Blackhawks jersies no matter what happens. Win, lose, whatever, I sport the Indian Head proudly. It sucks to wear it after a loss, but oh well, I still love em. It only makes it sweeter after our last two Cup victories. Muhuhahahaha

Old 12-03-2014, 10:20 PM

49 posts, read 84,818 times
Wearing their fav team's shirt the day after they lose makes them a loser? You betcha. But they would be a loser even if their fav team won. Wear that crap to the games to show support and to make it easier to figure out which side of the bleachers to sit in. The people in the same shirts and colors are rooting for the same team. Wearing matching shirts to games makes it easier for morons to figure out where they can sit with out getting into an altercation. Wearing it the day after just makes you seem desperate for attention. "Look at me I'm a such and such fan. I want everyone to know so I am expressing myself through my t- shirt"
And no one cares. You don't see cheerleaders wearing their uniforms the next day win or lose. They wear that crap to the game where its appropriate and not pathetic.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:38 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,659,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessamichaels View Post
Wearing their fav team's shirt the day after they lose makes them a loser? You betcha. But they would be a loser even if their fav team won. Wear that crap to the games to show support and to make it easier to figure out which side of the bleachers to sit in. The people in the same shirts and colors are rooting for the same team. Wearing matching shirts to games makes it easier for morons to figure out where they can sit with out getting into an altercation. Wearing it the day after just makes you seem desperate for attention. "Look at me I'm a such and such fan. I want everyone to know so I am expressing myself through my t- shirt"
And no one cares. You don't see cheerleaders wearing their uniforms the next day win or lose. They wear that crap to the game where its appropriate and not pathetic.
Using that argument then wearing any shirt, be it a team or school or any kind of designer shirt, is pathetic... only solid colored shirts are allowed. What a narrow minded theory that is!

Old 12-06-2014, 03:20 PM

49 posts, read 84,818 times
What? Please explain what wearing a designer shirt has to do with this. All shirts are designed and made by someone. I don't expect the fashionably challenged to make their own clothes. And even top designers make solid colored shirts so what do you mean by your comment? Did your fav team lose and you wore a shirt of theirs the next day to express yourself by proving your loyalty and I offended you? So sorry.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:59 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,659,752 times
Vanessa, you didn't offend me... I don't wear jerseys or team shirts very often but If I did it would be nothing more than because that's the shirt on top in the drawer... Judging someone by the clothes they wear is narrow minded... in spades!

You noted that wearing your fav teams shirt anytime outside of a game environment is pathetic. How is wearing a team shirt any different than someone wearing a shirt with the words Abercrombie printed across the front? Its NOT but perhaps you slam those folks as well, who knows!

I don't understand why your in a sports forum when you obviously not a sports fans and have no respect for those who are otherwise you would not blatantly criticize them for something as meaningless as the clothes they wear...

Old 12-06-2014, 11:43 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,641 times
None issue!

Old 12-07-2014, 06:02 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,702,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerriMAC View Post
A person likes a certain sports team. But the team gets beat badly in a big game, especially against a rival. The next day that fan purposely wears team apparel (hat, jersey, etc). Isn't doing that a bit sadomasochistic?
Because they aren't a fan only when their team wins? I really dislike bandwagon fans. If you can't handle a loss than ypu aren't a fan no matter what jersey you wear.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:04 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,269,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerriMAC View Post
A person likes a certain sports team. But the team gets beat badly in a big game, especially against a rival. The next day that fan purposely wears team apparel (hat, jersey, etc). Isn't doing that a bit sadomasochistic?
That's a real fan
most people are fair-weather fans (fans of the team that wins)

The sport culture in the US encourages people to be fair-weather fans.
An example of that is when the NFL team from my city is eliminated, all the TV stations still talk about football and the Super Bowl as if our team was gonna play in it.

I'm a real fan, when my team is eliminated, the season is over.
And I'll wear my team's jerseys whether they win or lose.
I'm always a fan of the team and you don't always win, losing and restructuring is also part of the sports
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports