Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 01:49 PM

861 posts, read 1,336,181 times

Advertisements

Tiger hasn't won a major in nearly 7 years and never will again. He sucks now.

All that bad karma he built up over the years coming back at him full force. Treating fans like crap, cheating on his wife with dozens of hookers and refusing to help his own brother who has MS, whose house was being foreclosed on. He is the most cursed golfer of all time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 02:43 PM

894 posts, read 1,050,565 times
I live in Las Vegas and he is known as a notoriously sh*tty tipper out here. He has always come off as a total douche, I'm not surprised he isn't helping an ill relative.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:15 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
I am agnostic about the whole thing, at one hand it has been a huge boom for golf to have Tiger in the game and has led to great things for the game of golf. Also it has been pretty amazing to see him in his prime and see one of the Top 3 golfers of all time. On the flip side his off the course actions, need I say more. It's hard to root for a guy like that but then again everyone deserves second chance right? and if he returns to win majors won't that be a great thing for the game of golf so as a golf purist shouldn't I be rooting for him? I go back and forth on the whole thing and I am just enjoying it play out in front of my own eyes. I will say this, seeing him live at a few golf tournaments and majors I do have a new respect for the level of concentration and focus they have and just they way they compete. There are a lot of jags at golf tournaments and to keep your cool and focus with all those idiots at the course, I have found a new respect for golfers in that aspect.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:10 PM

3,734 posts, read 2,562,051 times
ESPN still cares.. The way they still reference, and follow, everything Woods does. You'd think he's still the most dominant guy on the tour.
I guess Woods is still golf's main protagonist.. for the dumb, urban (and wanna-be urban) demographic ESPN is aimed at.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:15 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,933,605 times
Too many people act like Tiger has done something to them personally?... who gives a flying hoot what this guy does off the course. I'm happy to have witnessed all that he has done ON THE GOLF COURSE during his prime years, especially since I didn't have the chance to witness the likes of Nicklaus, Palmer, etc. in their primes.

To say he will never win a major again is pretty idiotic considering he's not even 40 yet.

He certainly has a lot to work on to get his game back... and remaining healthy would be a wonderful start.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:38 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
I do... his case is an interesting study in sports psychology.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:53 AM

939 posts, read 795,547 times
ESPN cares! Every time he blows his nose, they have an update.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:54 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
I think Tiger is a great golfer and will go down in the history books as some one who accomplished much and added enthusiasm and interest for many new golfing fans.
As for his private life i havent a clue nor do i care.Actually hating this golfing legend seems a bit unnecessary and uncalled for..

Old 02-04-2015, 05:25 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Actually hating this golfing legend seems a bit unnecessary and uncalled for..
Why? We all have opinions of athletes. Guys like Terrell Owens, Warren Sapp, Dennis Rodman etc bring on negative opinions with their behavior so how is Tiger immune from the same type of scrutiny? I never rooted for Tiger, I always rooted for the 40 year old career grinder to win as it was a much bigger deal for him than another notch in the Tiger belt. But it wasn't because I disliked him personally. Rooting for Tiger was like rooting for the Yankees, the Cowboys or Duke basketball. And I never hated him for the cheating. There are literally thousands of famous athletes, performers, CEOs who have done the same and none of them were forced to issue a humiliating public apology.

But the stories of how he treats fans, wait staff, his coaches and caddies he has fired coldly, not offering to help his half brother (or whatever he was) makes it hard for me to feel sorry for who he is now on the golf course. He was great for the game, he was amazing to witness, and there was no doubt in my mind that 5 years ago he would break Jack's record. Now there is not a chance that will happen. Guy just shot 82 after an off season to re-tool his game. Think about that.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 02-04-2015 at 06:06 AM..

Old 02-04-2015, 05:36 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Curious about the half brother I found this article. Tiger Woods is a horrible person, I hope he shoots 99 this week.

Rick Reilly: Tiger's brother - ESPN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports