Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 07:26 PM

11,364 posts, read 9,277,086 times

Advertisements

Omaha Beach out has to secretly have the Maximum Security camp dancing for joy. I'm still wondering what was up with that 16K sales tag in his first race. I can't get over that. And we never heard an explanation from his camp on why they were willing to sell him so cheap. He is one of my top picks.

Glad OB is going to be okay but he wasn't in my top selections. So I have mixed emotions on his departure. He's good and had a shot to win Saturday.

Hardly no one likes him for the top spot but I am going with By My Standards. Distance is my only concern due to his recent bloodlines. But go back a little further and it's there. He looks great, I've been following him close ever since his Louisiana Derby upset. Note the energy at the end of that race and his very fast finish. The field he beat was at least decent. If he makes a similar improvement that I am expecting in the Derby he will win.

With Omaha Beach out the odds and how this race shapes up in the beginning will change dramatically.
Stunning news today...

Last edited by John13; 05-01-2019 at 07:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 08:49 PM

3,394 posts, read 2,801,379 times
I’m thinking Improbable.
Game Winner and then a couple long ones
Tax and Cutting Humor

My top 4 I think

Old 05-01-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Omaha Beach out has to secretly have the Maximum Security camp dancing for joy. I'm still wondering what was up with that 16K sales tag in his first race. I can't get over that. And we never heard an explanation from his camp on why they were willing to sell him so cheap. He is one of my top picks.

Glad OB is going to be okay but he wasn't in my top selections. So I have mixed emotions on his departure. He's good and had a shot to win Saturday.

Hardly no one likes him for the top spot but I am going with By My Standards. Distance is my only concern due to his recent bloodlines. But go back a little further and it's there. He looks great, I've been following him close ever since his Louisiana Derby upset. Note the energy at the end of that race and his very fast finish. The field he beat was at least decent. If he makes a similar improvement that I am expecting in the Derby he will win.

With Omaha Beach out the odds and how this race shapes up in the beginning will change dramatically.
Stunning news today...
I’m going to let Max try to beat me. I don’t think he will race well at CD with a packed field. Numbers look great though.

I may take a second look at any My standards. Thanks. You almost need to include Spinoff if you like this one?

Old 05-02-2019, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I’m going to let Max try to beat me. I don’t think he will race well at CD with a packed field. Numbers look great though.

I may take a second look at any My standards. Thanks. You almost need to include Spinoff if you like this one?
BMS kicked his ass in the LA Derby and I expect him to do it again.

I like the win slot. I rarely play exactas, triples, etc. Across the board, Daily Doubles, Pick 3 and 4 are more my game....

But I may play a few exactas and triples Saturday.

Regarding Tax - Gotta love his bloodlines but when was the last time a gelding won this?

Game Winner - Why is Baffert still tinkering with him now? Plus, he seems that he has an attitude problem which I do not like. Not saying he is out of this but I won't be using him.
Pretty sure no Derby horse has ever won without winning a major prep race since the point system was put in place...

BMS Equibase numbers are low compared to several in this field. IMO, and you will get many on this subject, It appears to me that the Beyer figures are more accurate. If BMS flops I will re-evaluate that...

I'm projecting a 105-107 Beyer for BMS which will be enough to win. I'm planing a W-P-S bet on him so he better hit the board, LOL.

Another I like is Tacitus. I think he can also win but he seems to get himself in trouble a lot. We'll see how good he is on Saturday...

Old 05-02-2019, 07:09 AM

What’s your take on Cutting Humor? I like that he’s a Pletcher Horse ran nice times at his last prep race and has been in the money 5 of 6 races. I think he can get a piece underneath. 30-1 seems great given those factors

You’ve convinced me with BMS. Although I can’t see a Win from him

Old 05-02-2019, 02:28 PM

Just read 100% chance of rain on Saturday. I am going to re-evaluate...

ECB - I'll answer your question tonight. I am at work now...

Old 05-02-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Just read 100% chance of rain on Saturday. I am going to re-evaluate...

ECB - I'll answer your question tonight. I am at work now...
Vekoma and Game Winner have the top Tomlinson numbers if the track is sloppy.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:20 PM

Good horses will run on anything.

The slop does favor the front runners, almost always. Not good news for Tacitus but I do respect him.

I'm going to work with my top two picks - By My Standards and Maximum Security...
I wasn't happy when BMS drew #3 and that could be a problem. But the horse is going so well now that a poor performance will be disappointing to me.

Regarding Cutting Humor - seems he lacks a bit of class (for this) but he is useful.

Old 05-03-2019, 09:14 AM

468 posts, read 355,964 times
Quote:

Regarding Cutting Humor - seems he lacks a bit of class (for this) but he is useful.
Mike Smith is now the rider......and any money Mike makes will be given to the jockey who was to ride him..... Corey Lanerie.

Old 05-03-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY 915 View Post
Mike Smith is now the rider......and any money Mike makes will be given to the jockey who was to ride him..... Corey Lanerie.
A rotten thing to do, IMO.

Fans of Cutting Humor will not be getting 30 or 40-1 now, LOL.

Nice gesture on the part of Mike Smith...

I still won't be using him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports