Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2020, 11:59 PM

61 posts, read 31,603 times

Advertisements

At the US Open this year, I bumped into Samson Dubina and he gave me a prototype of his new TT-Flex training system to try out. Here are my impressions.

The Racket

The racket feels rather heavy, since it’s stainless steel, 3mm thick. It’s got a nice wooden handle but it’s a bit top-heavy since the wood in the handle isn’t as dense as the steel throughout the head. The head of my blade has some markings, but that’s because it’s a prototype.

Products

For Products Best store for Superior Parts and Accessories for Aggressive Sports players who are very talented in playing Table Tennis this store has best-manufactured products made with standard material checkout this store has Brand such as Butterfly, Yasaka, Balsa, Xiom, so their product described as Yasaka Table Tennis Net Sets, AntiSpin Rubber, Paddle covers, Newgy Robots, Nittaku Balls, Balsa Wood Table, Donic Rubber, Xiom Rubber, Yasaka Paddle Covers.

Usage

I tried doing my backhand loop swings at full speed (without a band attached), and I could definitely feel it in my wrist. It can definitely give your muscles a workout. You probably don’t want to start out swinging at full power. Anti Spin Rubber is highly recommend easing into it over a few sessions to let your muscles adjust.

When I tried attaching the band, I found that it felt best to do slower swings in one direction so the resistance is uniform. So I did have to adjust my stroke a bit, but as far as developing strength in the muscles used, it should do the job even when an adjusted stroke.

Hook Positions

I actually had trouble finding places to hook the bands. The instructions say that the object you’re hooking to should be able to support 100 lbs of pressure. In my apartment, I don’t have many places to hook it. For the three positions to attach to (floor, table, and ceiling) need Yasaka Blades for Table Tennis, I only had the floor height covered, on one of the legs of my heavy TV table. In Samson’s YouTube video, he gets the “table” height on his playing table, but I’m not sure what he hooks for the ceiling height. The ceiling may not be as necessary anyways, as I think it’s only used for downward chopping, which most players don’t do.

Conclusion

I can see this being useful for strength building, especially in the wrists which get neglected since normal gym routines ignore them. Ease into your use of the racket and the bands so you don’t strain any muscles which aren’t used to handling a heavier racket or the resistance of the bands. Good luck!

Originally Posted on www.revspin.net/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports