Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 08:55 AM

879 posts, read 2,880,631 times

Advertisements

The armadillo's this year are AWFUL! The past few years they have dug at the mulch beds
which has made weeding easier. Last year one started digging a hole in my yard and a 9 mil
took care of it. However, this year I seem to have more of them than ever! They are playing
havoc with my lawns. Have you found any methods of getting rid of them that
have been successful for you (short of staying up all night with a gun)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 10:45 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,317 posts, read 8,661,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
Last year one started digging a hole in my yard and a 9 mil
took care of it.
Ha Ha....What would your friends back in Pleasanton think of that?
Why Mrs. Chili, me thinks you done went Feral or something....

Old 08-08-2012, 11:32 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,251,164 times
I have heard through the grapevine that in Tx they get rid of Racoons and Arm's etc with Golden Malrin fly bait in a pan covered with 7up. They say they drop dead at the pan. Haven't seen it done and don't know anyone that does it or has done it.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:13 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
The armadillo's this year are AWFUL! The past few years they have dug at the mulch beds
which has made weeding easier. Last year one started digging a hole in my yard and a 9 mil
took care of it. However, this year I seem to have more of them than ever! They are playing
havoc with my lawns. Have you found any methods of getting rid of them that
have been successful for you (short of staying up all night with a gun)?
Here they are not as bad as in some years, but regardless they can make a mess of our lawns huh? Our lawn this year is a mess because of no rain, heck with those little creatures that sleep on their backs along the roads so often. Now,as for getting rid of them, the best thing we have found is grub killer, the Armadillos love grubs, grugs live in the lawn, so get rid of the grubs, good bye Armadillos. It worked for us the year before last and the year before that..

Old 08-11-2012, 06:59 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,501,909 times
Varmint gun and don't touch them. Bag 'em and trash 'em. Besides man they're the only critter that can contract and pass on leprosy. When it comes to armadillos, it's open season and their rightful place is in the dying cockroach position on the side of the road.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 08-11-2012 at 07:20 PM..

Old 08-12-2012, 12:36 PM

Default Gone wild!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Ha Ha....What would your friends back in Pleasanton think of that?
Why Mrs. Chili, me thinks you done went Feral or something....
Well, let us just say that I am locked and loaded.....and legal.
LOL

Old 08-12-2012, 07:26 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,564,311 times
The advice from nmnita to get rid of grubs is the only real solution, according to our town's animal control director. Shooting is good, but it's illegal in the city limits and it requires you to stay up all night waiting to spot the pests. Get rid of the grubs, he said.

I also talked to a farm and home center owner who said he sells armadillo repellant. It is castor oil-based. There are several such products, and all have castor oil as their main ingredient.

Perhaps going to Lowe's to get some grub killer and finding armadillo repellant, too, would be a two-pronged approach. And if you're inclined, you can add a third front to the war by sitting on the porch with a .22.

Finally, pray for a return to longer, colder winters.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:50 AM

Default grub killer

Well, guns and grub killer seem to be the answer. Spread grub killer a couple of days
ago and will see how it goes. Thanks for all of the advice..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area