Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2007, 11:09 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,241,893 times

Advertisements

I am arriving in Springfield Sunday. I am trying to decide between the Red Roof Inn and Extended Stay America for lodging. I have read the reviews on both these and others and I am looking for something budget friendly. I know the Red ROof allows pets and this might prove interesting if fido has fleas or whatever and the fleas decide to stay. I am also trying to save on dining so I thought Extended stay might be worth it if I could Walmart my groceries and cook a few nights. I would like wireless internet or some sort of internet access and both say they provide it--but whether it is at some obnoxious cost I don't know.

Does anyone have experience with either of these establishments?
Cobolt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 11:31 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
I am arriving in Springfield Sunday. I am trying to decide between the Red Roof Inn and Extended Stay America for lodging. I have read the reviews on both these and others and I am looking for something budget friendly. I know the Red ROof allows pets and this might prove interesting if fido has fleas or whatever and the fleas decide to stay. I am also trying to save on dining so I thought Extended stay might be worth it if I could Walmart my groceries and cook a few nights. I would like wireless internet or some sort of internet access and both say they provide it--but whether it is at some obnoxious cost I don't know.

Does anyone have experience with either of these establishments?
Cobolt
I lived in the Extended Stay America from June 2005 through the beginning of January 2006 when I finally closed on my house. I had two cats with me and I was treated very well by the staff. There is internet access in each room and there is no extra charge to use it, you just plug in. The maid service is constant and efficient and although I began to climb the walls after having been there much longer than I anticipated, I still appreciated their hospitality.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:03 PM

When you say "plug in" for internet access, do you mean high speed with a cable or wireless?

Old 04-06-2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
When you say "plug in" for internet access, do you mean high speed with a cable or wireless?
How about picking up the phone and giving them a call and asking them specific questions yourself? That's the quickest way to make sure you get everything answered. 417-555-1212 for information.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:07 PM

Yes I did that before you mentioned it. I was just looking for people who had real time experience, seeing that when I asked them, they couldn't really answer my question. From what I got, they still have old dial up---and that wont work for me and then they have high speed, but then she called it wireless and then sounded confused, so I dont know. I guess it doesn't really matter. Just want to make sure the place is clean and safe. I read some bad reviews about the Red Roof Inn. Just wanted some first hand experience.
Thanks
Cobolt

Old 04-06-2007, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Yes I did that before you mentioned it. I was just looking for people who had real time experience, seeing that when I asked them, they couldn't really answer my question. From what I got, they still have old dial up---and that wont work for me and then they have high speed, but then she called it wireless and then sounded confused, so I dont know. I guess it doesn't really matter. Just want to make sure the place is clean and safe. I read some bad reviews about the Red Roof Inn. Just wanted some first hand experience.
Thanks
Cobolt
Who did you talk to at Extended Stay, Kari? She's the Asst. Manager and a good person. I found it very clean. I plugged my laptop into the jack on the phone and it was dial up. If there is wireless, I never used it.
The only safety issue was that twice in the seven months I was there someone came through in the very early hours and smashed the back windows of 10-12 cars and stole items from them.
I would park near the entrance, or have your car right outside your window. The problem also struck the Red Roof Inn. Keep nothing in your car you value.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:26 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,330 times
Default Extended Stay

I spent a few months at ESA and I had broadband that worked quite well, it was not wireless. My only problem with them is that they are pretty bad about charging extra for any anomalies, there's a miniscule tear in a sheet, that's $20. In addition, when I was finally in the actual moving process I brought my dog in the room on a lead for like 2 minutes and they threw a screaming fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area