Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 01:43 PM

18 posts, read 39,811 times

Advertisements

Syberg's/Helen Fitgerald's always get my vote for wings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 01:58 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
I had no clue Mostaccioli was a St. Louis thing either. Who'd have thought? I don't think I ever ate it in my time in the 'Lou', nor did I ever know it was meant to be served at parties etc

OH I just thought of another one by the way...

Spinning Salad from Top of the Tower Restaurant. St. Louis Retro at its best!
I wonder if these St.Louis delights can be made Vegan?

Old 07-24-2012, 09:51 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I wonder if these St.Louis delights can be made Vegan?
Considering they make vegan hotdogs, I think just about any food dish can be turned vegan.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:37 PM

8 posts, read 17,852 times
Yes, it was BANDANAS we went to! You can tell it left it big impression on me! We have tried another place for fajitas in O'Fallon where we live. El Azteca... not good. I am just now reading your posts so I will try some of those places soon. We did go to Dewey's pizza in Ellisville (?). I liked it but it is far for us to order in. I need to try these pretzels!

Old 08-05-2012, 08:10 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,866,481 times
I make my Spinning Salad vegan It takes more effort and planning but it CAN be done!

Old 08-06-2012, 07:11 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
I honestly don't think anyone really likes Bandana's -- it's very blah. Defintely get out there and explore!

Old 08-27-2013, 10:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLnewcomer View Post
What about famous wings?!?!?!
Syberg's wings with their famous sauce! Oh my dead Lord, they are heaven!

Old 08-29-2013, 04:43 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
For pizza in StL I like Pi in Kirkwood. For Barbecue, there isn't any one place that I loved. But when Dierbergs put in their pits at some stores, we started buying it there, and if you got it when it was right out of the pit, it was very good.

Mostaccioli shows up at office potlucks as well as at weddings. Honestly I am not a fan. I did not eat gooey butter cake as a child, and I don't like it now. So not all St. Louisans like all that stuff. I am indifferent to Provel, although other family members love the stuff. You can get great frozen custard at Drews but you can get it elsewhere in the city easily too. Frozen custard really is loved in the area, and personally, I have to admit, I love it too.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:02 AM

46 posts, read 200,847 times
The best wings I had was when I didn't even order them. I just got done shopping at the Soulard Farmers Market and tried Bogart's for the first time (right across the street for those unfamiliar). While waiting in the long line someone came around with a bucket of chicken wings and a roll of paper towels. My god they were good. Best I've ever had good. We didn't like what we ordered (brisket and pulled pork sandwiches) nearly as much as those wings and next time we will order the wings. I don't know if they're consistently that good, but it's worth a trip back to find out!

As for Bandana's, that place is just not good. Don't be discouraged by St. Louis cuisine from that place. It seems that St. Louis Pizza (provel mainly) is either loved or hated; fair enough if you hate it. It sounds like you're going to places around O'Fallon/St. Charles. Although there could be the occasional great place, you're not going to find food of the same caliber as the many places listed here most of the time. There's a few decent places around Main St. in St. Charles that I've been to, but almost everything is a chain restaurant.

Broadway Oyster Bar has amazing food.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:57 AM

19 posts, read 36,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisan View Post
lol, if you want good St. Louis style pizza, and IMO's isn't your choice, try Guido's on The Hill or Cecil Whitaker's. Also, I highly recommend Pointer's, Joanie's and Cicero's. I personally like IMO's, but The Hill IMO has some of the best Italian food in the entire country. Joanie's and Cicero's are also very hard to beat.l
I completely agree on Guido's on the Hill. Great family place. If you are looking for an incredible Italian fine-dining experience, try Giovanni's on the Hill. I first went to Giovanni's thirty years ago and it was wonderful then, and was wonderful when I was last there about two weeks ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis