Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2008, 08:57 AM

2 posts, read 12,008 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I am researching apartments in Soulard and I am looking into a couple management companies. I was wondering if anyone has heard of or has leased an apartment through YEHS? Do you know much about them and are they any good? I can't seem to find much about them on-line as far as the actual management company. The other one I've found is BSB. Do you know anything about them? How do they rate? I just don't want to go through Red Brick because I've heard that they're not the best at doing what a management does! Most of the complaints I've heard are small. but still it kinda gives you the feeling of "Large company not looking after the little guy", you know! Any help, suggestions, or info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 05:31 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,925,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchew1980 View Post
Hello all,

I am researching apartments in Soulard and I am looking into a couple management companies. I was wondering if anyone has heard of or has leased an apartment through YEHS? Do you know much about them and are they any good? I can't seem to find much about them on-line as far as the actual management company. The other one I've found is BSB. Do you know anything about them? How do they rate? I just don't want to go through Red Brick because I've heard that they're not the best at doing what a management does! Most of the complaints I've heard are small. but still it kinda gives you the feeling of "Large company not looking after the little guy", you know! Any help, suggestions, or info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Im sorry I cant give much info on either. Another company with buildings in Soulard is Rodemyer - Christel. I rented a nice 2 bedroom place from them on 11th and Barton. They were not bad to deal with, but make sure any repairs that need to be done are finished before moving in, even if you have it stipulated in the rent. We were promised a new oven from months and never received it.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:07 AM

2 posts, read 12,008 times
Thanks for the info Skip!

Old 07-14-2008, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 5,955 times
Don't know if this is too late but I worked for YEHS in the late 90's and they were sloppy, and at times dishonest. At one time they advised me not to call the fire department (there was smoke) because they didn't want to be written up for code.

Hope this is helpful

Old 08-20-2008, 11:44 AM

3 posts, read 9,701 times
Default yehs - affordable and friendly

I would definitely recommend renting from YEHS, a rental agency that has awesome maintenance service ,friendly and helpful workers and housing for EVERYBODY! Unlike RED BRICK YEHS is really cheap! They offer market rate and income base apartments from 1 to 4 bedrooms and also sell houses in the soulard area which cost only a third of the actual market price! i am currently renting from them and havent had no problems whatsoever..

Old 10-06-2011, 11:52 AM

2 posts, read 5,835 times
YEHS is horrible. They house undesirable tenants. My neighbor actually pulled a knife on some people and tried to get physical with me a few times (after he got "physical" with his girlfriend and spent the night in jail). It is not cheap, comparative to other soulard apartments. Their maintenance is horrid. My ceiling leaked in multiple spots and wasnt fixed after i told them, six months it leaked with no repairs.

Not to mention they screwed us out of our deposit after they said the apartment was clean and fine they decided afterward that it was not, there was a big stain on the floor from their leaky roof which they agreed was their fault but still made us pay for it, and the lady who did the exit review who said we would get our full deposit back said it wasnt her call to make. So how can she tell us anything if it is not her decision? its too small of an amount to even bother going to court over but it shows how they run their business and she also said she gets this problem all the time

these people are ruining soulard

Old 10-06-2011, 06:51 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,925,845 times
I rented from BSB and I would recommend them. They take care of their properties and are responsive when maintenece is need. Give them a call.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:21 AM

1 posts, read 3,731 times
YEHS is good to rent from if your dirt poor. but good luck ever getting your deposit back. Their office is only open at very weird hours on random days. If something is broke they will fix it right away, but the dude is definitely not a friendly person. I rented from them for 2 years at 2 locations. They will jack the price up on you and say it's been that way for years.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:36 PM

711 posts, read 2,107,282 times
It's pretty rare to find a management company that is worth anything at all. Maintenance hurts their bottom line.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:46 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,613,768 times
^True, but so does turn over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis