Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 03:24 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,398,950 times

Advertisements

African Americans kill more of each other than any whites killing African Americans.

African Americans are victims of crime more often from other African Americans.

The Police save many African Americans from harm from other violent, criminal African Americans.

African Americans should be very thankful that the Police are around to protect them from their fellow African Americans.

The problem is not the police--the problem is the ethos of many in the African American culture that embraces violence, sexual immorality and criminal behavior. The problem is with the lack of familial support for good education and good upbringing. The problem is the failure of the African American to take responsibility for their families.

This problem causes the very good and responsible African American to be viewed just as badly when they try to do what is correct in advancing in jobs and society. These criminal African Americans reinforce bad stereotypes which hurt all African Americans. It cause African American children to have more difficulties in society.

Many of us know it is wrong to stereotype the whole race based on the bad deeds of some and we try to fight these prejudices but it is hard when many African Americans work against themselves and our efforts to try to give opportunities to African Americans and give hope to African American children.

African Americans are their own worst enemy!

Shame on all the African Americans who are burning and looting. You think you are doing something to fight racial prejudice. No, what you are doing is reinforcing the prejudices that exist. You are your own worst enemy. Know that all those who hate you because of your color are cheering your bad behavior, as you are giving these groups and individuals strength to spread their hatred.

Livecontent
A white who has always tried his best to fight prejudice and hatred as taught by my father and mother.

Last edited by livecontent; 11-26-2014 at 04:17 PM..

Old 11-26-2014, 03:47 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,251,067 times
Agreed. I am wondering why every other race can be successful in the United States and blacks can't? I think it all has to do with blacks' victim mentality; the mentality that the world owes them something because they are "disenfranchised." Until they decide to stop playing the race card and do something constructive to better their lives and stop blaming "the man," nothing is going to change. I think people have been sympathetic for years and now they are getting sick of it.

And Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are nothing but race baiters that make things worse.

I think the best thing that could happen is for us to have a black president who gets it - someone like Condoleeza Rice or Ben Carson.

Old 11-26-2014, 04:09 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,398,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Agreed. I am wondering why every other race can be successful in the United States and blacks can't? I think it all has to do with blacks' victim mentality; the mentality that the world owes them something because they are "disenfranchised." Until they decide to stop playing the race card and do something constructive to better their lives and stop blaming "the man," nothing is going to change. I think people have been sympathetic for years and now they are getting sick of it.

And Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are nothing but race baiters that make things worse.

I think the best thing that could happen is for us to have a black president who gets it - someone like Condoleeza Rice or Ben Carson.
Yea, the blacks like to play the game of the guilt trip but it is a loser game!

We have other groups who have learned to advance. We have the Asian Americans, the Jewish Americans who both have strong familiar support for education and they teach their children thrift. These groups are filling the higher education system, getting good jobs and acquiring wealth.

I live in a lower to middle income mixed neighborhood with Asians, Hispanics and newly arrived immigrants from Russia and a few African Americans. Since this is Colorado, there is a strong Mexican American presence.

My observations of my immediate surrounding neighborhood is that Mexican American kids drop out of school and make babies while the Asian kids stay in school and make a future.

It is just amazing to me that there is such a strong family support from Asians parents and the Mexican Americans do not have that excellent support--they tend to have single parent households with different mates coming and going. The Mexican Americans have this macho male attitude of the rite of passage to make babies early and often. I should not be so surprised as I am an ex New Yorker and I have seen these lack of values, over many years and places, as I am older with years of observation.

Livecontent

Old 11-26-2014, 05:01 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,862,932 times
Good points from both luzianne and LiveContent.
One thing that has a huge influence over any GROUP behavior is peer pressure. What kind of HEROES do our young people (10 to 21) copy? Sports, movies, music (several genres), TV, video games and lately their Smart Phones and Social Media are the types of entertainment MOST young ones are exposed to. Most of these are spectator activities not participatory. Music from my generation (I am 68) was something you not only listened to and tried to sing along to but you might even dance to it. Back in my day you usually danced with a member of the opposite sex. A few of our kids are active in organized sports but not all kids are good athletes. How many of our cash strapped schools have cut chorus and band programs to save money. Hunting and fishing were very popular in the time and area where I grew up but very few of today's youngsters have those activities as an option. One of the most common things I hear young people in my neighborhood complain about is "I am bored". IMHO boredom stems from a lack of imagination. Schools cannot give young people an imagination. Isn't imagination formed in the very early years? IOW parents. Two parents. A Man and Woman.

Gunluvver2

Old 11-26-2014, 06:11 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,673,833 times
You're content aside... Why is this here exactly? OT for this forum and should be moved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis