Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2023, 03:33 PM

12,384 posts, read 9,483,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightsider View Post
2024 Foresters now on sale but this is the last of standard design. Vids of 2025 or now online and while it retains some of the look, it's quite different. It will also receive the much larger computer which was already integrated into Crosstrek & Outback. 2024 still has large tactile knobs and buttons but most of those will disappear. High interest from folks buying 2023 or '24 before change. Hybrid also in works.
After the totally underwhelming Crosstrek hybrid - expensive and poor-performing, I hope that Subaru's next hybrid is a more compelling value proposition. The weird thing is, Toyota supposedly helped them develop the Crosstrek hybrid - and Toyota's own hybrid models perform very well, but not this one made with their "help".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2023, 03:47 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,969,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
We considered both in 2020 for my wife and she decided on the Outback. Rear height was not an issue, she was most concerned with rear seat space for 3. Actually the difference is not much, but the Outback has slightly more hip and shoulder width. Her judgement was made by sitting in them. Oddly enough both my sister-in-law, brother, and daughter also have Outbacks ranging from 2016-2022.
Well, of all things, when it comes to cars, I am not much of a people person. Maybe someone, sometime in shotgun but usually, it is pets and cargo......which is one thing about the taller Forester. I weekly get the trash bin the 100 yards to the road by upending and sticking it in the back of the Forester (lid bungy cord shut).

Do you think such is possible with the Outback? Or hauling multiple pet taxis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
After the totally underwhelming Crosstrek hybrid - expensive and poor-performing, I hope that Subaru's next hybrid is a more compelling value proposition. The weird thing is, Toyota supposedly helped them develop the Crosstrek hybrid - and Toyota's own hybrid models perform very well, but not this one made with their "help".
Crosstrek isn't in my future. The commercial, "Welcome to the Pack", looks nice but it also shows that the Crosstrek is a beginning couple's car with one, maybe two medium dogs, but not my life.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 12-13-2023 at 03:56 PM..

Old 12-13-2023, 04:27 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,777,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, of all things, when it comes to cars, I am not much of a people person. Maybe someone, sometime in shotgun but usually, it is pets and cargo......which is one thing about the taller Forester. I weekly get the trash bin the 100 yards to the road by upending and sticking it in the back of the Forester (lid bungy cord shut).
The inside of the Forester isn't significantly taller than the inside of the Outback. Actually, what may matter more are the dimensions and shape of the hatch opening, not the height of the headliner. You gotta get the stuff through the hatch first. I seem to recall making this suggestion on one of your other car-buying/comparison threads but it bears repeating on this one. None of us know the dimensions of your personal cargo. To see how well your trash bin /pet taxis fit in any vehicle you're considering, take them along with you for the test drive and TEST it!

Last edited by Parnassia; 12-13-2023 at 05:42 PM..

Old 12-13-2023, 06:21 PM

7,492 posts, read 3,223,452 times
This is the first time I have heard Subaru and sexy in the same sentence.

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder...

Old 12-13-2023, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
The inside of the Forester isn't significantly taller than the inside of the Outback. Actually, what may matter more are the dimensions and shape of the hatch opening, not the height of the headliner. You gotta get the stuff through the hatch first. I seem to recall making this suggestion on one of your other car-buying/comparison threads but it bears repeating on this one. None of us know the dimensions of your personal cargo. To see how well your trash bin /pet taxis fit in any vehicle you're considering, take them along with you for the test drive and TEST it!
Pet taxis yes.......but I don't think I would find any salesman worth his or her salt who would let me stick a trash bin, no matter how well I cleaned it, in the back of his car. It doesn't even fit completely to be street legal. I am afraid another way has to be used to answer the question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
This is the first time I have heard Subaru and sexy in the same sentence.

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder...
Or good advertising like the spunky Nicole Kidman lookalike in the early Forester commercials. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erIpC3E-sO0
The Colt is pretty nice, too!

Old 12-13-2023, 07:15 PM

323 posts, read 135,457 times
For me?

The Outback is slightly longer, which makes it easier for me and my 6'3" frame to sleep comfortably in the back when on a road-trip into the wilderness.

Old 12-14-2023, 06:23 AM

15,407 posts, read 7,468,300 times
My wife has a 2023 Outback Touring. Nice car, but on the expensive end of the scale. It's pretty comfortable and the service has been good(we're in Houston). The touch screen isn't horrible, is easy to read, and you can still control the AC and such pretty easily. She loves the Outback.

I drive a 2010 4Runner I've owned since it was new. If I was buying a new car, I would be buying another 4Runner. Better ground clearance, better 4WD, and more room than the Subaru. It's also easier for me to get into. I like the Subaru, but prefer the 4Runner.

Old 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM

9,439 posts, read 5,201,523 times
I looked at Subarus when I traded in my RAV 4. Didn't like any of them, knew a few folks who had problems with them, AND
for the features I wanted, it was more expensive than the Honda CR-V I ultimately purchased. I love the CR-V.
My husband drives the Outback and I don't like it. It's not very roomy.

Old 12-14-2023, 07:31 AM

27,182 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Not mentioned prior is the visibility factor as I found the Forester's side and rear visibility noticeably better and looking forward, a slightly higher view of the road in front of you.

Old 12-14-2023, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
My wife has a 2023 Outback Touring. Nice car, but on the expensive end of the scale. It's pretty comfortable and the service has been good(we're in Houston). The touch screen isn't horrible, is easy to read, and you can still control the AC and such pretty easily. She loves the Outback.

I drive a 2010 4Runner I've owned since it was new. If I was buying a new car, I would be buying another 4Runner. Better ground clearance, better 4WD, and more room than the Subaru. It's also easier for me to get into. I like the Subaru, but prefer the 4Runner.
What's the maintenance like on the touch screen? Does it go out at all, all at once, and if it does go out, is one left high and dry for where they are when it does? Mind you, I have never had to deal with one.....and wouldn't if I had a choice for I am a fly by touch gal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru