Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:57 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,969,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
your 27, you have a lot to learn
you also have a lot to learn about spelling properly. So just because I'm 27 negates basically 11 years of experience with numerous domestics and 7 years with Subarus? I never said I was an expert by any means, but at what age, oh Wise One, does experience qualify you to comment on certain things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
All boxer engines sound like 66 VW bugs to me. They make me cringe when I hear one with a fart can exhaust. yuk
my point exactly. When someone just throws on a cheap fart can, they make even Subaru enthusiasts cringe.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:06 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
you also have a lot to learn about spelling properly. So just because I'm 27 negates basically 11 years of experience with numerous domestics and 7 years with Subarus? I never said I was an expert by any means, but at what age, oh Wise One, does experience qualify you to comment on certain things?

Its Subaru's not Subarus.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:13 PM

you didn't answer my question.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:16 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Your fighting a losing battle with this guy. He's V8 USA all the way. You can't win with him he is the supreme being of all things mechanical.
You don't have to be a "V8 USA all the way" guy or a supreme being of all things to know that a Subaru boxer 4 sounds nothing like a V8, be it of the American or European variety.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:24 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,224,222 times
Quote:
I never said you were deaf, but I'm simply stating you have been around Subies with nothing more than a fart can, or ones with Equal Length headers. As far as telling the difference between the boxer and a v8, well I hope you could. Heck, 9 times out of 10, I could do the same thing with a Mustang and a Camaro. Two things dont have to sound exactly the same for them to sound similar.

You know what... For the sake of argument I'll just take your word for it. I really don't care enough. However if you could provide some youtube of what your talking about, I would love to hear what one of these v8-sounding boxer's are like.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:10 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,478,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
My jaw dropped when I read that... coming from you.
Hahaha! Yeah I'm permanently cooled off. Not worth arguing about anymore. I know what I like and you know what you like. Truce.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
you didn't answer my question.
son, I have been building and restoring cars since way before you were even alive.. I have had many of my cars in magazines, been all over the east coast part of a drag team for the worlds fastest Turbo Trans Am, and have written more automotive articles in published magazines then I care to remember.. to answer your question.. Yes I have extensive automotive experience..

Subes are nice but they are only dominate in rally racing and teenager fart can racing on the streets. Otherwise they are joked about on any sort of drag or road racing or even oval track racing which is what we do here in the US

Old 02-15-2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:
son, I have been building and restoring cars since way before you were even alive.. I have had many of my cars in magazines, been all over the east coast part of a drag team for the worlds fastest Turbo Trans Am, and have written more automotive articles in published magazines then I care to remember.. to answer your question.. Yes I have extensive automotive experience..

Subes are nice but they are only dominate in rally racing and teenager fart can racing on the streets. Otherwise they are joked about on any sort of drag or road racing or even oval track racing which is what we do here in the US
yet your reading comprehension could be rivaled by a 3rd grader. I said you never answered the question, and you still havent. But as far as them being a joke in racing, do you consider autoX racing? If so, there have been plenty of Subarus that have taken National Championships in autox. Also, you show your ignorance when you mention Subarus and how awful they do in drag racing. Everyone knows this. That's not what they are built for.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
yet your reading comprehension could be rivaled by a 3rd grader. I said you never answered the question, and you still havent. But as far as them being a joke in racing, do you consider autoX racing? If so, there have been plenty of Subarus that have taken National Championships in autox. Also, you show your ignorance when you mention Subarus and how awful they do in drag racing. Everyone knows this. That's not what they are built for.
autocross is nice but its about on par with pee wee league baseball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru