Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 04:14 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
One thing that can help is switching to unionized salt. You can get it at the health food store or Whole Foods. It's hard to know what to recommend, without further info on your case, OP.
LOL. Auto correct.

Un-iodized? Why would that help?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 04:17 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
I don't know if OP is around as this goes back to 2015, but what I also take now with bp meds is one tablet of an auyrevedic called Mukta Vati which is from India. Talk about inexpensive protection...it comes from India via Amazon.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't know if OP is around as this goes back to 2015, but what I also take now with bp meds is one tablet of an auyrevedic called Mukta Vati which is from India. Talk about inexpensive protection...it comes from India via Amazon.
Have you taken it without your BP meds? I mean if it worked, your BP would have dropped even further....

Old 03-20-2018, 04:25 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
No and I'm sick and tired of monitoring BP as I did it for years. I'm taking it for good measure and maybe more assurance. I feel fine in that area of my life. I would NOT go off BP meds to try that, once on meds it's probably for rest of life.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
No and I'm sick and tired of monitoring BP as I did it for years. I'm taking it for good measure and maybe more assurance. I feel fine in that area of my life. I would NOT go off BP meds to try that, once on meds it's probably for rest of life.

No, that's not true. Depends on the reason for the HBP. For those who smoke and over weight, changing those things can bring down HBP.

I just increased the intensity of my workout, and I've been having trouble with my BP being low and causing light headedness, so I will probably be reducing my meds for that. But I am waiting to see if it maintains at the lower level, I reduced it before and it shot up.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:46 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graywhiskers View Post
3 oz (two drinks) of 80 proof rum every day. Never any more. If you have no experience with alcohol, don't try it. Corrected my blood pressure fairly quickly.
Maybe it helps you, but that would drive up my blood pressure, as well as cause my cardiac arrythmias to kick in big time. Not that I wouldn't like a drink or two, but from experience here I have had to forego alcohol altogether.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:36 PM

7,129 posts, read 12,670,656 times
One great way to lower blood pressure without prescribed meds or supplements is to become a low-fat eating vegan or low-fat eating vegetarian with a whole food diet.

No side effects except greatly improved health.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BueepS78mI

Old 03-25-2018, 05:59 PM

While I am a huge fan of eating vegetarian (it's just the food I like), it did nothing to lower my blood pressure.

Heavy exercise may be lowering it for me, it seems to have dipped (maybe too low) once I added boot camp to my weekly regime.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:40 PM

7,129 posts, read 12,670,656 times
^^
According to the studies Dr. Barnard referenced, turning vegan does normalize BP for a goodly number of people. But as you experienced, not all.

Vegans have lower blood pressure than non-vegans -- and eating low-fat vegan foods seems to be the way to go.

Definitely a limited way of eating that many will be reluctant to adapt. I've only achieved about an 85% vegan diet...and still on HBP meds...

Old 03-26-2018, 03:54 PM

I definitely think it would help for those who do not exercise, are over weight, and eat poor diets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements