Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2017, 07:48 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,197,995 times

Advertisements

I did a search and didn't find another thread about this supplement.

I am seeing a lot of reviews saying how wonderful it is, but wonderful for what?

I would like to know if you have been taking this, what reason(s) and what effects have you experienced. If you take it to not get a cold and you don't get a cold, that's not what I'm looking for, you may have never been getting a cold in the first place.

I'm looking for info that you started taking it for X and saw benefits.

What form do you take it in, how often, how much and how long have you been taking it?

My BF bought me some in capsule form, 1250mg. Says to take it 2x a day.

Please share your firsthand experience with this supplement.

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 10:11 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,793,970 times
I use the oil most days for rubbing on my knee, it's an anti inflammatory. I bought some softgels and use them some days. I like the oil for my knee as I feel it does help. Many ingest the oil and I do now and then.

I have my favorite supps and can't put this one there but it's good.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:22 PM

26,661 posts, read 28,737,357 times
Apparently there hasn't been much research done on it. I have never heard of it before.

Here's one result of a quick google search of this supplement:

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...e=black%20seed

Old 11-27-2017, 07:15 AM

244 posts, read 236,170 times
Apparently, a form of it was found in King Tut’s tomb. That is what interested me and the fact that there had been over 200 clinical studies done on this substance. I read up on it after surgeries I had this year. I used it externally and internally and saw no accelerated healing from my two surgeries. Healing progressed at a pace expected by the doctors. I saw no real reduction in pain either. Note: taking it internally caused gas and the burps tasted horrible. I suppose results may vary from person to person. The only thing I saw to recommend it was it is pretty cheap to purchase and try. Maybe it will work for you.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:08 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,793,970 times
I find when I rub it on my arthritic knee I get reduced pain. I find this to be true with Comfrey Oil rubs too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements