Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2021, 02:00 AM

9 posts, read 14,238 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, have been taking Fenugreek extract for aggression in weight lifting and to help up my libido. I use to take Tribulus for years on and off, but Tribulus starts to lose its effects about a month and half before you have to cycle off it.

Started trying Fenugreek, after finding out "Testofen"s ingredient package. And it has helped my libido tremendously. I wouldnt say its anabolic but it helps with that aggression during weightlifting. And at 50 I now wake up with massive hard ons since Ive been on it.

However, Its been my 3rd month and Im wondering if its beginning to lose its effects. So I scour the internet on how long can a person keep taking Fenugreek extract. Cant seem to find any answers on this question.

One site says one can take it for months on end, but that site was specifically talking about Fenugreek seeds the food, not the Fenugreek extract.

But Im suspecting it may be the pills Im buying since I get mine on amazon.

Anyone here have experience with this supplement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2021, 08:22 PM

9 posts, read 14,238 times
Okay people, I found my answer. It was hard to find on the web I guess cause not many people know about Fenugreek extract supplements except as a supplement to help produce more breast milk in females and that it also has the side effect of making a person smell like maple syrup.

So since fenugreek extract supplements dont have instructions on how long take the stuff, I looked up the famous commercial brand name "Nugenix" (with the ingrediant called "testofen" which is nothing more than "fenugreek seed extract")

Their site says 6 to 12 week use. Although one can supposedly take it indefinately, Im guessin this time frame is for the potency to start dropping for male testosterone enhancement. (Mind you now, there is no hardcore data that it raises actual testosterone significantly)

This seems logical to me since the effects have lessoned dramatically after 3 months of use. One of the biggest indicator Ive noticed is that I dont smell like maple syrup anymore along with less hardons in the morning and less agression before a workout .

At first, I thought it was the fenugreek supplement. Now, its obvious theres a limit.

Since "tribulus supplements" also have about a month before potency wanes, Ive decided to phase off of fenugreek for a month and start up on "tribulus". Once that wanes after a month, start back up on "fenugreek"

Hopes it works!

Old 12-04-2023, 07:35 PM

4,276 posts, read 5,931,553 times
Default Long term Testofen user here.

I have been taking Testofen for 13 years, 600mg/day.

Some noticeable Libido increase, especially in the first couple of years. Now at age 67, I continue to take it for another reason - ease of morning urination. Strong urine stream with no pain or discomfort. But if I forget to bring along this supplement on a vacation or trip, morning urination problems arise again in only a week!

BTW - I had numerous blood tests performed recently associated with a potential change in my Life Insurance policy. My PSA level tested at less than 1.0! Normal for my age is nearly 5.0 - per Dr Google.

Testofen related? Who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements