Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2024, 06:45 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
If you Google "Collagen Peptides", you will find sources to purchase these...
thank you LD...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2024, 07:24 AM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Thank you! I will check with Mumsy's doctor if that is something for her. Every little thing helps!

Old 03-25-2024, 04:54 PM

1,193 posts, read 615,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Where can I buy this..
I buy it from Amazon since I'm a member and get free shipping.

The brand I like best is Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Advanced. My cousin uses a different brand but I forgot what it is. My jar lasts me about 2 months and I drink it daily.

Hope this helps!

Old 04-02-2024, 06:47 PM

3,243 posts, read 6,295,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post
I try to avoid Amazon for supplements even though I am a prime member. They are known to have counterfeit supplements on their platform, especially ones sold by third party sellers.

https://www.nutraingredients-usa.com...n-its-platform

https://media.mercola.com/ImageServe...ements-pdf.pdf

All the major vitamin sellers also have free shipping. Iherb.com has free shipping and lower prices when one uses the available discount coupons.

Old 04-02-2024, 07:17 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Heavy weight training. Not 5 lb dumbbell curls. Squats, deadlifts, leg presses, bench press either free weights or machine. 8-10 reps 3 or 4 sets twice a week or more. But even walking will help.

A good 'diet,' plenty of calcium, vitamin D, and magnesium is essential for the absorption of calcium. And of course get all the other nutrients that you need.

Old 04-02-2024, 07:21 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Where can I buy this..
Walgreens, Walmart, probably any health food store sells collagen peptides. I buy mine at Walgreens. They have their own brand name.

Old 04-02-2024, 07:29 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,099,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
And of course get all the other nutrients that you need.
mainly K2 !

Old 04-06-2024, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
I try to avoid Amazon for supplements even though I am a prime member. They are known to have counterfeit supplements on their platform, especially ones sold by third party sellers.

https://www.nutraingredients-usa.com...n-its-platform

https://media.mercola.com/ImageServe...ements-pdf.pdf

All the major vitamin sellers also have free shipping. Iherb.com has free shipping and lower prices when one uses the available discount coupons.
I'm sure Amazon sells plenty of counterfeit supplements but the bottom line is the Collagen works for me. I have no pain whatsoever after drinking this collagen.

I just found out my local Walmart sells the same brand of collagen for less money plus they also have the Equate brand (Walmart brand) of the same thing.

Yes, I buy from Iherb as well.

Old 04-11-2024, 07:28 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post

The brand I like best is Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Advanced. My cousin uses a different brand but I forgot what it is. My jar lasts me about 2 months and I drink it daily.

Hope this helps!
thank you ..... I visited my doctor a few days ago as had to have results of x rays on my shoulder wrist and hands.... the doctor didnt seem very interested.. and pointed at his computer screen saying... JUST wear and tear... so I sort of gave up and left asking him for nothing to help with pain... it seems if your older its expected to have this illness and to just suffer and get on with it.... so its helping ourselves seemingly.. Ill be finding and buying this supplement...thanks again Scorpio...x

Old 04-13-2024, 09:31 AM

Quote:
thank you ..... I visited my doctor a few days ago as had to have results of x rays on my shoulder wrist and hands.... the doctor didnt seem very interested.. and pointed at his computer screen saying... JUST wear and tear... so I sort of gave up and left asking him for nothing to help with pain... it seems if your older its expected to have this illness and to just suffer and get on with it.... so its helping ourselves seemingly.. Ill be finding and buying this supplement...thanks again Scorpio...x
Most doctors don't know anything about supplements unless it's a naturopath doctor and even then, it's hit or miss depending on the doctor.

Before I even bought my first jar of collagen I did research and kept on reading that as we age we lose collagen. My thinking was that I had nothing to lose by trying it and wow, was I in for a surprise. It feels so good not to have back pain, knee pain, etc.

I noticed that if I miss a day of drinking the collagen my pain comes back but not as severe.

Anyway, you're very welcome! Let us know how you feel after taking this supplement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements