Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2011, 03:59 PM

2 posts, read 4,008 times

Advertisements

we are about to rent a house in liverpool,ny.
In the map, Highway 481 is on the right side, above the 481, there is a Great Northern Mall.
Our house is very close to Soule Road Middle school.

I see some malls and restaurants around there.
Could anyone give me a idea about this area?
Is it a good family oriented area to raise young kids?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 06:37 AM

93,412 posts, read 124,084,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie79 View Post
In the map, Highway 481 is on the right side, above the 481, there is a Great Northern Mall.

Thanks.
Definately and you have pretty much anything you want right there. So, it is a great area to raise kids. I'd say that the Soule Road schools in the Liverpool SD are probably the best schools in that SD too.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:57 AM

655 posts, read 2,328,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie79 View Post

Thanks.
Hello newbie79.

The MAJORITY of the huge area around Soule Road is an excellent area for families and single people to live. Personally, I don't like the Burningtree Road & Shallowcreek Road area. The small homes and townhomes there are too crowded together. It's probably okay living on those streets but for me that tiny neighborhood doesn't give anyone "privacy space" or "breathing space" to be comfortable.

On the other hand, there are some NICE townhomes and single-family homes south of the elementary school around Fairway Drive East and Honeysuckle Drive and Halfmoon Circle & the rest of that neighborhood that are quite nice. This area is one of the nicest suburban areas in Liverpool. The schools are good too.

There's lots of good shopping on Route 31 nearby.

www.mapblast.com/

Old 02-15-2011, 02:06 PM

93,412 posts, read 124,084,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grdnrman View Post
Hello newbie79.

The MAJORITY of the huge area around Soule Road is an excellent area for families and single people to live. Personally, I don't like the Burningtree Road & Shallowcreek Road area. The small homes and townhomes there are too crowded together. It's probably okay living on those streets but for me that tiny neighborhood doesn't give anyone "privacy space" or "breathing space" to be comfortable.

On the other hand, there are some NICE townhomes and single-family homes south of the elementary school around Fairway Drive East and Honeysuckle Drive and Halfmoon Circle & the rest of that neighborhood that are quite nice. This area is one of the nicest suburban areas in Liverpool. The schools are good too.

There's lots of good shopping on Route 31 nearby.

MSN Maps & Directions
Good point about Burningtree and Shallowcreek.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:49 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,083,845 times
BurningTree is a little busy, but right below that on Streamwood are some really nice newer townhomes. It is a cute development with lots of people who seem to care about their neighborhood. The development borders on the athletic fieldds from Soule Road School, so there is plenty of open space...but it is far enough from the school so there is no noise...but outdoor equipment (like swings) for kids to use if they walk just a little bit.

Overall, a nice area with good schools and easy access to every imaginable convenience: shopping (Macy's to Sears), Restaruants (Pizza to seafood), services (bus to cable connections), good grocery (Wegmans righ there!) and a gentle commute on wide roads if you need to get into Syracuse each day.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:01 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,553,563 times
It is a busy area. It is covenient to everything. There are a lot of things to do for kids. The schools are very good. Check out some different neighborhoods by driving around. But I think you would be happy there.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:09 AM

4 posts, read 7,576 times
My son lives in Liverpool and in fact lives in a housing dev't off Soule road. I lived in Raddison for awhile and know the area well. The schools are wonderful and the choices of shops, grocery stores, and anything else u are looking for is near-by. I really like the Great Northern Mall and u are not far from Syracuse, especially on Rt.11.All in all, it's a great area to raise kids.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:53 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,464,512 times
We lived in Liverpool for a few years, on a road a few roads over from Soule road. It is definitely a good place to raise kids. Very suburban, lots of stuff right there, its a very family oriented area. Our daughter did screening and was enrolled to start Kindergarden there but we moved in August right before she would have started. The school seemed wonderful. There is a certified daycare provider right across from Soule Road Elementary who was excellent, her name was Jamie something, if you check with child care council they should be able to help (assuming you need childcare).
In the summer it is a nice area to walk around and ride bikes with the kids.
I hated living there but that was because of the snow, which is going to be present everywhere in Syracuse. Otherwise it was a terrific place to raise a kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area