Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2011, 10:59 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times

Advertisements

Just tried to go down Route 57 past the old Wegmans. The road is packed with cars for a mile or so in either direction. There are tractor trailers in the old Wegman parking lot, and hundreds of cars jammed in there.

What's it all about????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 11:28 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,760,139 times
Free appliance drop off/recycling, I believe... I saw commercials for it yesterday but didn't pay attention to the date. From what you describe, it sounds like TODAY. lol

Old 04-16-2011, 11:45 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
WOW! Thank You. That's a LOT of used appliances, but where else are you going to get rid of them?????

Here a bit from the OCRRA site:

Dropoff on Saturday mornig at Wegmans L'pool
Read more: Local, Community, Environment, News, Recycling, Electronics Dropoff

Old electronic equipment can be recycled--for free--at a dropoff in Liverpool on Saturday.
Evelyn Carter, with Wegmans, says the dropoff is at the old Wegmans store in Liverpool (Wegmans Plaza, Rte 57) from 8am to noon.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:17 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,528,016 times
Yeah I was heading to Aspen further up on 57 this morning a little after 8am and it was packed then!! It took me a min to realize what was going on, but I remembered I heard it on the radio the other day. I think it only went till noon or so, so it should be cleared up now.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:13 AM

655 posts, read 2,328,652 times
Default OCRRA Should Sponsor More FREE Appliance Drop-Offs AND ADEQUATELY INFORM RESIDENTS

It would have been nice if OCRRA had done a better job of informing/advising/advertising the old applicance recycling free pickup was going to happen; maybe like announce the pickup 3 weeks ahead of time or so. I asked my neighbors if they had heard about it and NONE of them heard anything about it.

If OCRRA is going to have that Liverpool free old appliance turn-in, then WHY can't they just let ALL RESIDENTS turn-in old appliances at the Rock Cut Facility or some other locations for a one month period without charge. Do I pay taxes too?; seems like I remember paying exorbitant County-Town-SCHOOL property taxes every year.

Have you checked about the fees OCRRA charges just to drop-off items at Rock Cut Road & Ley Creek Station. Here they are: 1) Either $10 or $25 just to drive INTO those OCRRA facilities. 2) $20 per TV. 3) $15 per air conditioner. 4) $5 per Microwave oven. 5) $20 per Computer monitor. 6) $4 per tire 18" or smaller OR $7 per tire over 18". 7) $20 per Laptop. 8) OCRRA charges BIG FEES for MULTIPLE other items that residents want to get rid of. I guess that's why one person in my neighborhood brings home scrap lumber from his construction job and burns it in his backyard all summer long rather than pay to turn it in to an OCRRA facility; he tells people that he & his kids are just roasting hot dogs, hamburgs, marshmallows at midnight - ? Over a bonfire ?

If the county is SO SERIOUS about disposing of things and recycling items, I would think they would sponsor MORE FREE drop-off times and opportunities. After all, they sell a lot of those things for scrap or to be recycled AND those turned-in items DO NOT HAVE TO BE PUT IN EXPANDING DUMPS WHICH SAVES THE COUNTY MONEY and protects the environment.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:59 AM

Side note - I was shopping in Aldi today (just south of Wegman's on 57) and overheard a lady saying that people were p*ssed because they couldn't even GET INTO the parking lot to go SHOPPING at Wegman's! Everyone was there for the recycling. So alot of people ended up going to Aldi instead because they couldn't even get into the Wegman's store.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:12 PM

93,389 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
Side note - I was shopping in Aldi today (just south of Wegman's on 57) and overheard a lady saying that people were p*ssed because they couldn't even GET INTO the parking lot to go SHOPPING at Wegman's! Everyone was there for the recycling. So alot of people ended up going to Aldi instead because they couldn't even get into the Wegman's store.
Why didn't they go to the Wegmans on Route 31 or on Taft Road?

Old 04-17-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Why didn't they go to the Wegmans on Route 31 or on Taft Road?
No idea - I just overheard a lady that works there talking to someone else
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area