Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 02:58 PM

226 posts, read 483,656 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are considering relocating from Florida to New York state. We are not familiar with the counties in New York State but would like to live in a county with a great middle school district. At least about two hours out side New York City. We would be looking to rent a two bedroom two bathroom house on a tree lined street, not to city or not to suburban just the perfect blend. We would appreciate your honest feed back as we have a 13yr old daughter who is in six grade now and would like a good neighborhood to raise her in. My husband is in the building/maintenance field and would like feed back on the job marker in the area. Thanks.

Last edited by BAJAN246; 04-22-2012 at 03:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 04:16 PM

93,402 posts, read 124,052,832 times
Syracuse is outside of the distance to NYC. Perhaps something in Orange, Ulster, Albany, Rensselaer, Dutchess and maybe even Westchester or Rockland Counties.

Is there anything else you are looking for in a community?

Old 04-22-2012, 04:22 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,272,140 times
I think she wanted to be AT LEAST 2 hours out.

At 5 hours away this area would fit.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:01 PM

93,402 posts, read 124,052,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
I think she wanted to be AT LEAST 2 hours out.

At 5 hours away this area would fit.
Correct.....In that case, the OP has plenty of options. Here are some websites that can get the search going: 2011 Upstate school district rankings - Buffalo - Business First

Central New York Jobs

Upstate New York Real Estate

MapsKrieg - Syracuse, NY - Apartments, Rooms, Sublets, and Real Estate for Sale

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 04-22-2012 at 05:30 PM..

Old 04-22-2012, 06:40 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,528,790 times
I can definitely help with the Florida aspect of it since I lived there in the past and I helped a couple and another friend move here within the past few months.

Job market obviously depends on what your husband is looking for - I have no knowledge of his job field, sorry. You should really give more info for anyone to be able to help you specifically.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:05 AM

1,671 posts, read 2,866,969 times
I am a native of Syracuse and CNY who currently lives in Florida, but I have family and friends in the area. I can guarantee you that schools are much better in NYS than here in Florida. Ckhthankgod provided some excellent resources, here is a composite list of school districts within Onondaga County:

Onondaga County, New York

Based on the information you provided, you might be interested in the following districts:

Liverpool Central School District
Baldwinsville Central School District
West Genesee School District - Camillus, NY
North Syracuse Central School District

In terms of jobs, here are a couple of resources that list mantenance/tech jobs:

EssentialNY Jobs:

Central New York Jobs

NY's Creative Core (also provides some good info. on the area):

New York's Creative Core - Home

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area