Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 PM

6 posts, read 17,251 times

Advertisements

Hey, guys.

First post.

I'm apartment hunting and have come across Brookwood on the Green Apartments, which seem to be sensible for a single female. Of course management answered the questions I have in the most positive way, but I did want to ask here just to get a realistic view.
- I've seen people say to stay away from all apartments on Morgan Rd; is this true for ALL of them?
- Does anyone live in Brookwood, and if so, what has your experience been (noise/thin walls? car getting broken into? nasty management? "meh"? or just perfect?
- Anyone ever live in the "ranches" there?

Same questions for Grenadier Village apartments? Good, or stay away?

I've found an apartment in Northside that is quite pretty and the ad says it is on spring street at pond. Is this a safe area? Is there a difference between "Northside" and "North Syracuse"? I've always thought it's the same thing....

I'm moving for my job, which is in DeWitt; I'm a single female so I need a safe complex. any other suggestions will be truly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 09:42 PM

655 posts, read 2,328,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerkg View Post
Hey, guys.

First post.

I'm apartment hunting and have come across Brookwood on the Green Apartments, which seem to be sensible for a single female. Of course management answered the questions I have in the most positive way, but I did want to ask here just to get a realistic view.
- I've seen people say to stay away from all apartments on Morgan Rd; is this true for ALL of them?
- Does anyone live in Brookwood, and if so, what has your experience been (noise/thin walls? car getting broken into? nasty management? "meh"? or just perfect?
- Anyone ever live in the "ranches" there?

Same questions for Grenadier Village apartments? Good, or stay away?

I've found an apartment in Northside that is quite pretty and the ad says it is on spring street at pond. Is this a safe area? Is there a difference between "Northside" and "North Syracuse"? I've always thought it's the same thing....

I'm moving for my job, which is in DeWitt; I'm a single female so I need a safe complex. any other suggestions will be truly appreciated.
Hello ginger,

The "Northside" of Syracuse is inside the city of Syracuse just south of Interstate 90=NYS Thruway. North Syracuse is a separate village north of Mattydale suburb and north of Interstate 90=NYS Thruway near the Syracuse Airport and just south of Expressway 481. Cicero is north of Expressway 481.

Personally, I would not move to any of the Morgan Road/Other nearby streets neighborhood apartment complexes.

These are some of the better apartment complexes, IMO.

Cobblestone Square-Cicero.
Clayton Manor-Lvpl.
ABC Estates-Lvpl.
Pinecrest Manor-quite soundproof-I lived there-Lvpl.
Lakeview Apts.-Lvpl.
Ravada Hill-Lvpl.
Rivers Pointe-Lvpl.
Willow Stream NORTH-Lvpl.
Center Pointe-Radisson/Baldwinsville
Kimbrook Manor-Baldwinsville/Liverpool
The Hammocks at Timber Banks-Baldwinsville
Chicopee Mews-Camillus
Steeplechase at Weatheridge-Camillus
Suburban Park-Manlius
Crystal Tree-Fayetteville

Good luck to you.

grdnrman

Old 09-26-2012, 03:55 AM

93,392 posts, read 124,009,048 times
If your job is in DeWitt, perhaps Maplewood Apartments or Nob Hill Apartments would would work. Maplewood is in DeWitt and is close to some shopping, Westcott Street and Syracuse University. Nob Hill is in Syracuse, not too far from highway access and is in a semi rural area of the city. A lot of international students that attend Syracuse University live there as well. Both are pretty affordable too.

Franklin Park Apartments in the East Syracuse area are older apartments that may work as well. Technically, it is in the town of DeWitt and it would put you closer to your place of employment.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:51 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,528,016 times
I am usually the first person to tell people to NOT move back in the Morgan Rd complexes. Not all of them are bad, but they are all connected and it's the few bad ones that ruin it for everyone. I've never looked at Brookwood on the Green specifically, so I can't give too much advice on that one. Someone on this forum just recently moved to Saddle Club Townhomes in that area - I recommended they not live there to begin with, but given their requirements and the fact that they'd be there less than a year, it was really the best decision for them. As far as I know, they haven't had any problems (or at least they haven't reported any here at all).

I have a friend that has lived in Grenadier Village for a few years and he's never had any problems. I've been in the apt before - 2BR, and it was a little on the small side.

Northside refers to the north area within the City of Syracuse. North Syracuse is a separate Village that is near the airport and north of the Northside.

If I were you, I'd look for areas on the east side since you'll be working in Dewitt.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:20 AM

Default Detailed Info Some Best Apartment Complexes Suburban Syracuse-NY

Hello ginger,

Personally, I would not move to any of the Morgan Road/Other nearby streets neighborhood apartment complexes.

Below are some of the best and most up-to-date apartment complexes in Suburban Syracuse=IMO. Click on each Link Line to read detailed information for each apartment complex. Although some of these apartment locations are several miles from Dewitt, the Metro Syracuse Expressway & Highway system allows you to easily and quickly travel to any part of the Metro area. You can do a "test-drive" from any apartment complex location to Dewitt BEFORE you sign any apartment lease agreement. For instance, I can drive from Cicero/North Syracuse to Dewitt via Interstate 481 in 20 minutes. I can drive from Manlius and Fayetteville to Dewitt in 20 minutes.

Cobblestone Square-Cicero. Built in a nice park-like setting. Rent includes all utilities=you only pay for telephone & cable TV; No electric bill. Tennis courts.
... www.AFApts.com/107372

Clayton Manor-Lvpl. Heat, hot water, & basic cable TV included in rent.
... www.AFApts.com/107371

ABC Estates-Lvpl. Same owner and neighborhood as Clayton Manor. Heat and hot water included in rent.
... www.AFApts.com/228279

Pinecrest Manor-Liverpool. Built in a park-like setting. All utilities included in rent=you only pay for telephone & cable TV; No electric bill. Good soundproofing between apartments-I lived there several years ago. Tennis courts & swimming pool.
... www.AFApts.com/107410

Lakeview Apts.-Lvpl. Good suburban area convenient drive to Destiny USA Mall, Regional Farmers Market, Alliance Baseball Stadium, and downtown Syracuse city & Armory Square boutiques & nightlife.
... www.AFApts.com/205024

Ravada Hill-Lvpl. Quite new complex about 1 mile north of Clayton Manor & ABC Estates. Heat and hot water and standard cable TV & Road-Runner Computer Internet service included in rent.
... www.AFApts.com/107413

Rivers Pointe-Lvpl. Brand new built apartment complex. Elevators. Cable TV included in rent. Swimming pool. Near a Mall and Major shopping/restaurants area. Convenient to Expressway 481 for commutes.
... www.AFApts.com/239657

Willow Stream NORTH-Lvpl. Heat & hot water included in rent. Elevators. A Mall, multiple shopping plazas, grocery stores, restaurants, more nearby. Convenient to Expressway 481 for commutes.
... www.AFApts.com/229804

Center Pointe-Radisson/Baldwinsville. Private entrance for EVERY apartment. Swimming pool. Paved walking-jogging-biking trails throughout the Radisson community; tennis courts & golf course. Radisson is a nice, quiet, secluded, forested/wooded, small lakes community just east of Baldwinsville.
... www.AFApts.com/107363

Kimbrook Manor-Baldwinsville/Liverpool. Nice, quiet middle-class residential neighborhood. Swimming pool. A Mall, multiple shopping plazas, grocery stores, restaurants, more nearby. Expressway 481 is 3 miles away for commutes.
... www.AFApts.com/107399

The Hammocks at Timber Banks-Baldwinsville=east countryside. Brand new built apartment complex. Cable TV service included in rent. Roof covered private balcony or patio. Swimming pool & hot tub. Golf course & boat marina.
... www.AFApts.com/224926

Chicopee Mews-Camillus. Heat & hot water included in rent.
... www.AFApts.com/107367

Steeplechase at Weatheridge-Camillus. Heat & hot water included in rent. Swimming pool & tennis courts.
... www.AFApts.com/107421

Suburban Park-Manlius. Upscale suburb. Heat & hot water included in rent. Tennis courts and fitness center.
... www.AFApts.com/107423

Crystal Tree-Fayetteville=east side. Private balcony or patio. Semi-countryside location.
... www.AFApts.com/107376
... www.crystaltreeapts.com/

The above are among the very best suburban apartment complexes in the Metro Syracuse-NY area.

Good luck to you.

grdnrman

Last edited by grdnrman; 09-26-2012 at 09:33 AM..

Old 09-26-2012, 03:26 PM

Oh! You guys are the best. Thanks for all this information.
The complexes that you listed, grdnrman, must be really good, because the majority of them have really long waiting lists. ABC estates is nice, but unfortunately, the one bedrooms have the bathroom like a master bath, meaning all guests would have to go through my room to access the bathroom.

ckthankGod, thanks as well for the info. maplewood was full , and the lady at nob hill gave me information that was inconsistent with what's on their website, and she was really rude, so no can do. The lady at Franklin seemed nice, I might check them out.

Becca8377 I think it was your posts that I read talking about staying away from Morgan Rd. Via the Grenadier website (they're full too! Just have two-bedrooms) I discovered Windwood apartments which I will be checking out soon. I'll try Craigslist as well and see if I can find anything on the East Side.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:57 PM

Hello ginger,

One more Apt. Complex in Cicero. Very heavy traffic on streets during rush hours; until you get-on Interstate 81.

New Country Village Apts.-Cicero. Heat and hot water included in rent. Roof covered private balcony or patio. Near Cicero-North Syracuse High School on Route 31. Convenient location to use Interstate 81. Good shopping area in Cicero, south on Route 11 near Caughdenoy Road.
... www.AFApts.com/229803

grdnrman

Old 09-27-2012, 06:56 PM

Thanks ckthankgod and grdnrman. Crystal Tree has the longest waiting list. I'll check out the rest and hopefully share my experiences. I might be getting a roommate so that makes the hunt a little easier

Old 10-04-2012, 03:35 PM

Guys, what about Pine Tree apartments on Vine St?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area