Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 05:26 PM

12 posts, read 19,414 times

Advertisements

Here is the Top 5 list of America's best college towns according to Travel and Leisure:

5. Duluth, Mn.
4. Ft.Collins, Co.
3. Charlottesville, VA.
2. Lafayette, LA.
1. Syracuse, NY

After reading through the list, Cowherd reserved most of his scorn for Syracuse, having this exchange with a show producer, Dan Stanczyk, who is a Syracuse native.

Cowherd: "That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. OK. So let me get this right. The best college town would include weather, attractive people ...Syracuse, N.Y.?"

Stanczyk: "Check and check."

Cowherd: "No Athens, Georgia. No USC vs. UCLA. No Austin, Texas. Instead it's nine degrees and the best looking guy in town is Jim Boeheim?"

Stanczyk: "Colin, you've been pretty critical of Syracuse. I'm not demanding an apology, but can I get the the 'Colin was wrong' sounder?"

*Sound clip* "That place is a dump."

Stanczyk: "They have great pizza too, you left that out. Syracuse is beautiful. Just deal with it."

Cowherd: "Travel and Leisure you just lost a subscriber today. It is so ridiculous, I'm laughing. It's literally like calling Jeremy Lin the best point guard in the league (NBA) and I'm just supposed to comply with it because some magazine online said it was so."

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index...lege_town.html
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...a_burgers.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 05:33 PM

93,375 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Nothing new from Cowherd and I think the fact that Stanczyk is a Syracuse native plays into all of this.

I believe that the list was from late last year. America
What is funny is that Syracuse is a city with a college town section versus being a true college town.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:36 PM

12 posts, read 19,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Nothing new from Cowherd and I think the fact that Stanczyk is a Syracuse native plays into all of this.

I believe that the list was from late last year. America
What is funny is that Syracuse is a city with a college town section versus being a true college town.
It isn't only Cowherd. Some others are Bart Scott and Pete Prisco (CBS). Another is Pats lover Mike Rodak from ESPN.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo155 View Post
It isn't only Cowherd. Some others are Bart Scott and Pete Prisco (CBS). Another is Pats lover Mike Rodak from ESPN.
Bart Scott was bashing Buffalo and what is ironic is that he is from Detroit. I'm not sure about what the other 2 have said.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:14 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Many areas of the City of Syracuse are indeed a dump. Like many other small or medium sized cities. Suburbs are awesome, though.

Mick

Old 05-22-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Many areas of the City of Syracuse are indeed a dump. Like many other small or medium sized cities. Suburbs are awesome, though.

Mick
Something I've noticed is that there are quite a few "hidden" neighborhoods within city limits that many people don't think about. Yesterday, I was driving behind Nottingham High and was thinking about how nice the area was, with many streets rivaling higher end suburbs. There are other areas like that in other parts of the city as well.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:48 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,998,212 times
Quote:
Something I've noticed is that there are quite a few "hidden" neighborhoods within city limits that many people don't think about. Yesterday, I was driving behind Nottingham High and was thinking about how nice the area was, with many streets rivaling higher end suburbs. There are other areas like that in other parts of the city as well.
As someone looking at a housing upgrade, those neighborhoods have price tags that rival higher end suburbs too

Old 05-22-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acknight View Post
As someone looking at a housing upgrade, those neighborhoods have price tags that rival higher end suburbs too
Very true and I don't think the homes in that area stay on the market that long either. Are you looking to stay on that side of town?

Another "hidden" area that people may not think about is in the South Valley on the eastern edge of that neighborhood, if not the whole neighborhood.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:19 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,998,212 times
Quote:
Very true and I don't think the homes in that area stay on the market that long either. Are you looking to stay on that side of town?
Hard to say at this point, too early.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:54 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,409,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Mick
Seconded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area