Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 12:44 PM

432 posts, read 1,879,274 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who graduated from FSU in the 70s and majored in hospitality. He has had a wonderful career in real estate development.

We looked at UF and FSU for my son, who is graduating this year. He prefers FSU because he prefers life in Tally to life in Gainesville, and as a government major he wants to be in Tally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 02:12 PM

137 posts, read 550,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
FSU is a great school, in the end it really doesn't matter where you went to school unless you are going for specific majors, which it looks like you are not going into those fields. When you graduate it doesn't matter where you graduated from, it matter what you do with it. I know someone that went to UM got a Masters and he has been fired from like 4 jobs in the last four or 5 years. Then I know some that graduated from FSU, who is a major big wing in the world. So it depends what you do with it.

I have to say Gainsville and Tallahassee have different atmospheres. The people at UF, are overall (not all) cocky people, my uncle is a Gator and a Hurricane graducate ontop of it, and he is the typical cocky gator and hurricane fan.

If its anything, I loved FSU, and had a great college experience. And guess what I got excepted to UF and turned them down.

We weren't so cocky Saturday...tear tear.....BUT you know that the only game we all remember happens at the end of the season! GO GATORS! ooopps...was that cocky???? just playin our rivalry is the best...we love y'all like red-headed step children! ha ha oh and I hate the Canes too so I feel that!

Old 10-30-2007, 04:31 PM

86 posts, read 417,407 times
We're cocky because we have a right to be. We're winners... three national championships in 15 months. Ha!

Step it up FSU- we don't even have a rivalry anymore.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:31 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
love - see what I am telling you, they are just cocky people in general! Thats one reason why I turned them down.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:32 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Yeah, the arrogance makes me want to vomit....

Old 10-30-2007, 05:48 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovestcarmenxd View Post
does anyone happen to know anythign about FSU. im from NYC and i am interested in hospitality and theater. FSU seems to have both but not sure if its good there. On the site i see they are ranked a lot and seems like they have a good reputation but i want to know more from ppl that have experience or heard from other ppl. thanks
LOL Did I mention there is a rivalry between FSU and UF????
Just in case you didn't notice it.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:21 PM

86 posts, read 417,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
Yeah, the arrogance makes me want to vomit....
I think you are mistaking "arrogance" for "unabashed pride in one's college nearly to the point of delusional hubris"

GO GATORS

Old 10-30-2007, 08:02 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
kids, don't make me pull the car over !!!!!

Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 PM

7 posts, read 17,497 times
well i definitely see what u guys mean!! well thanks for all the info. definitely helpful. im mostly thinking about FSU now

Old 10-31-2007, 04:34 AM

894 posts, read 4,349,918 times
My son is a sophmore at FSU and is most definately a party school. He is excelling at "partying 102"

Having lived in S. Florida, my husband is a die hard Canes fan, my son is Nole. When we went to the FSU/Miami game last week, we had tix in the Canes section. I was a Nole fan for the day, (after all that is where ALL my money goes) my husband a Cane. Our friends were mixed. The lady behind us asked about our "mixed" family. She said as long as your not a GATOR, it's all good..

BTW, LOVESCARMENXD, we have a room for rent in our townhouse near FSU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee