Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 03:58 PM

794 posts, read 1,860,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.GRAVES View Post
can you tell me why you are looking out your window at 11 at nite to see what this Rider is doing
Whaaaa? You can't look out your windows now? So not only does he have to listen to the noise and worry about the potential fire / explosion hazard of his neighbor; now he doesn't even have the right to monitor who comes and goes in his own neighborhood?

Hell, why have windows if you can't look outside?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 04:16 PM

325 posts, read 441,764 times

Old 07-21-2010, 06:34 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
Very Nice

Old 07-21-2010, 06:45 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,758,112 times
Why would he even have to look out his window? At that time of night most people are sleeping.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:10 PM

214 posts, read 678,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
Agree. But the OP is saying "...he rides on the back lawn and into the house. Sometimes this happens at 11 at night.." If he is riding all the way to the leaving room, that would annoy me too. Having said that it is important to be tolerant to some extent. I tolerated my neighbor's wild music in the middle of the night and well into the morning sometimes.
Wow, just like D-Day in "Animal House", eh?

Old 07-23-2010, 02:53 PM

515 posts, read 1,348,101 times
I'm not aware of any particular law or ordinance that makes it illegal to store a motorcycle inside of a residence. There may be fire codes preventing a motorcycle from being kept inside of an apartment building or multi-family dwelling (like codes that prohibit keeping a grill on the balcony of an apartment complex), however buildings don't usually fall under such codes unless they have more than three attached residential units. To be sure though, contact the fire department and speak with the fire marshal.

I can say with 100% certainty that there is no law against riding a motorcycle through the back yard. That is something that the HOA is going to have to deal with.

I also understand why he wants to keep the motorcycle inside. They are extremely easy to steal, as someone just needs to put it on a trailer and drive away.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:16 AM

4 posts, read 35,019 times
Default Can an HOA tell me what I can have in my backyard?

I am a renter of a condo and the HOA is giving me a hard time about my motorcycle being parked in my fenced in back yard. Its a 6ft wooded privacy fence so its not like it can be seen unless the HOA looks over my fence. Now my question is this.....can they tell me what I can have in my back yard? the Rules state that I can only have two motorized vehicals parked on condo property...of which i was inturperting as the common areas and the parking lot? If I am responsible for cutting the grass and taking care of the back yard how can they tell me that I cant park a motocycle in my yard (out of site)? I could see it if it were loud or an eye sore but you cant see it? I forgot to say that my LandLord knows about the motorcycle and I have his permission to have the motorcycle parked in the yard.

If anyone has some insight for me as a Renter pls let me know.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:44 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,761,557 times
Which of three things is the problem- that he rides on the back lawn or that he keeps the motor cycle in the house or that he comes in at 11 PM? All three?

Would you be any less annoyed if pulled up on the front lawn at 11PM and took the bike into the house ?

Basically he can come and go any hour of the day or night he chooses. No law against that. Unfortunately since motorcycle pipes can be a bit loud ( or a lot loud) you're going to hear him. That's just something you have to put up with when you live in attached housing. You give up a certain amount of privacy.

As for keeping it inside, that may be a fire code violation. Its why garages have fire doors to the inside of a residence. Check with fire marshal on that.

Is there anything in your HOA paperwork ( read it carefully ) that restricts motorcycles in any way or the keeping of mechanized vehicles on the interior of a unit. Anything that says anything about driving a mechanized vehicle on the rear lawns ?

If there is, then it is the legal responsibility of the HOA association to do something. If there isn't then I think your only legal recourse is the fire marshal. There is nothing there that is a police matter.

Always important to not pick a battle unless you have a chance of wining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay