Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2010, 07:55 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,691,617 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by craigm1841
He was below the legal limit. I hope for his sake his urinalysis comes back clean.

Anyone here who says they haven't had a beer or two with dinner and then driven home is a lying.

Considering it was 2:48 am, his BAC was extremely low. God knows my BAC has been at significantly higher at that time of night.

I'm someone and have never had two beers or even one with a meal and driven. Why. I don't drink. Any think medicinal is taken at bedtime and not before driving by anyone in my house. I am not lying. I'm all for removing drinking drivers from the highways except when they get an orange jumpsuit and a weed eater being watched by a prison guard while they clean up the road sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 08:13 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,666,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Indeed, some people are so blinded by their own weird hangups and pining for the way things are "back home" that they neglect to do the research:

America's Top 20 cities for DUI per capita:

Top 20 List of drunk driving offenders as compiled by Insurance.com:

1.) San Diego
2.) San Jose
3.) Charlotte, N.C.
4.) Phoenix, AZ
5.) Columbus, OH
6.) Indianapolis, IN
7.) Los Angeles
8.) San Francisco
9.) Austin, Texas
10.) Jacksonville, FL
11.) San Antonio, TX
12.) Dallas
13.) Houston
14.) Fort Worth, TX
15.) Memphis, TN
16.) Philadelphia
17.) New York City
18.) Baltimore, MD
19.) Chicago
20.) Detroit

America’s top 20 drunken driver cities

Lots of California (driver's paradise, alleged by some on this board, and a whole lotta Texas too).

Of course, conviction rates and arrests only tell part of the story, since vigorous enforcement can lead to more people getting caught, but bad and drunk drivers are everywhere!

Here in West Palm, you cna get a reward for calling in a tip about drunk drivers:

West Palm Beach pilot program to reward callers who report impaired drivers - Sun Sentinel

This thread started off as pedestrians being killed. Four of the Top 5 cities in the US that are the deadliest are in Florida.

Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville and finally Memphis, TN are the most deadliest cities in the US for pedestrians.

It is pretty bad when people walking home from work on a sidewalk or a child playing in their yard are killed due to drunk and reckless drivers.

Since July nine people have died in Tampa riding bicycles.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:22 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,164,239 times
I would think more people are on bicycles here than say Watertown, NY, Pittsburg, PA, or just about anywhere else. More bikes, more accidents. Simple.

If you have a drunk driver at the wheel the odds of an accident ANYWHERE are magnified many many times vs. a non drunk. Accidents happen.

When impairment is involved its a crime.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:18 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,498,369 times
St. Petersburg woman with three prior DUI's charged again after crashing with 2-year-old - St. Petersburg Times

What can we do to keep these people off the roadways?

http://www.tampabay.com/multimedia/archive/00153/0425191759_153558d.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-10-2010, 04:28 PM

27,218 posts, read 46,799,974 times
Fire any judge that allows a person like this to drive EVER!!!! Impound her car and no drivers license forever! If she ever gets behind the wheel and get caught than give her a life sentence in Land O Lakes prison where inmates have to work to earn their own meal!

Old 12-10-2010, 05:28 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,498,369 times
Too bad offenders can't somehow be given scarlet letter(s) ----"D.U.I." possibly - on their driver's license and not be served alcohol. I'm sure there's a civil rights problem there - and the person will find alcohol somehow - but any way to make their life difficult and keep them from driving intoxicated needs to happen.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:56 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,206,338 times
4th offense ? Life in prison before she takes someone else's life !

Old 12-10-2010, 07:04 PM

27,218 posts, read 46,799,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
4th offense ? Life in prison before she takes someone else's life !
And the worst thing is that she is one of the many.....this is becoming a disease of people who chose this behavior!

Maybe they should award other people who call in to report their family members or friends when they Drink and drive....

In this case snitching can save lifes!

Old 12-11-2010, 11:57 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,210,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Hope he doesn't get off on a technicality.

Here's the lowlife scumbag. Article says he can't leave Hillsborough County or drink, but doesn't say that he can't drive, which is stupid law if he's allowed to continue to have the privilege.

He refused a blood-alcohol test, but blood was drawn after his arrest, an arrest report states.

The guy practices a few miles from where I live.

Dentist accused in DUI crash that killed two on Harbour Island out of jail

Those officers look badd azz.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:32 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,666,087 times
Until FL starts cracking down on DUIs like other states it will continue. In many states you lose your license or get a conditional license which allows you to go to work and Dr. appts. and that is it. No going to the supermarket or the movies. This is after your FIRST DUI.

The offenders also have to have installed( at their expense) a breathing device in the car after their license is reinstated. The idea is to make it difficult enough for them to learn from their mistakes.

Until FL cracks down on the drunk and the uninsured drivers don't expect to see any changes. The stories of horrific crashes are the norm here.

In most states having no insurance will get your car impounded until you purchase insurance. Also you get caught with drugs in the car and your car is taken away for good. Have a car note? Too bad, you will pay the note on a car you no longer have in your possession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay