Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 03:12 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,656,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJones123 View Post
None of us know exactly what happened in regard to assaulting the police officer. What happened is absolutely terrible but we don't know the entire story. The "assault" can simply be from him removing an officers hand from his arm (a defensive mechanisim from someone drunk or sleepy). He may not even have known at that point what he did.... Terrible but may be true! I truely do not believe he feels "entitled" because of his social status. He WAS my dentist and a very good one at that. This surprised me so much! He made some extremely bad choices that night and will pay for them the rest of his life as will his victims and their families. It makes me so angry that drinkers don't always call cabs or have designated drivers. I pray for his victims, their families, and his family as well.

Excuse me, he was stopped doing 45 mph over the speed limit 10 days prior to this crash(can't call it an accident). Do you understand entitlement?

I don't care if he was a waiter. He has some driving record. His wife got a DUI last year, most people learn from that.

Clearly they did not.

He has a "me first", "get out of my way" mindset. He could have been a redneck from Polk County who was a HS dropout or an aggressive NY transplant who was also a HS dropout. It is still entitlement.

I have no pity for him and his wife, I do for the parents of the young people he murdered. It is heartbreaking enough when a child goes before a parent due to illness, this is beyond belief.

One family in FL lost their only child, and another in NY who saw their youngest son being unloaded in a coffin at the airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 03:42 PM

872 posts, read 1,715,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe Christ View Post
The only technicality that could possibly favor him would be something in the trial, such as improper handling of jury instructions or witnesses.

As far as the case goes, so far there doesn't seem to be any reason (right now) that the trial wouldn't be legit.

The blood test was done properly.....hopefully he was arrested properly.

As long as the judge does his job properly and explains to the jury(if this is a jury trial and not a bench) the instructions and any other info. As long as the prosecution acts maturely and doesn't coerce statements or anything that would call for an appeal or mistrial, this case is solid.

The proof is there. Witnesses, and the blood test will be enough. He was arrested at the scene.

This piece of crap dirtbag will be going to state prison!! BYE BYE DOC!!!

I'm so glad Florida passed the mandatory minimum of 4 years in state prison for DUI Manslaughter. However, it's still a 2nd degree felony(max is 15 years).
I'm still pushing for it to be a 1st degree felony(max would be 40 years) or maybe even a life felony (max would be life) with a mandatory minimum of 20 years or 25 years in prison, but I'll accept the 4 year mando minimum right now.

So no more DUI dirtbags will be getting off on probation like the piece of crap woman in Tampa who got probation for killing those kids.
For what this guy did four years is a slap on the wrist. Mandatory 20 years would seem pretty fair. This kind of bullcrap goes on way too much in Florida while the news media focuses on other useless issues. It just shows the ME FIRST mentality that is alive and well.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:27 PM

26 posts, read 87,845 times
I agree. I'm a big time supporter to raise the penalties and felony levels of DUIs.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:36 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
Speaking of DUI's. I recently googled the names of people running for a judge in our state. I found one of them had a DWI. Our local party was suggesting the most conservative people to vote for in the judges race. Guess who was at the top of the list in our county. You got it, the one that had a DWI. I checked the state's statistics for voting and he was second on that list. I think this is a good example of "we should do our own research" when it comes to voting. Do you think people would have voted for this man if they had known he was guilty of a drunk driving charge? I certainly hope not.

If the charge had been a felony, I don't think he COULD have run for the judge position.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:54 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,782,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Speaking of DUI's. I recently googled the names of people running for a judge in our state. I found one of them had a DWI. Our local party was suggesting the most conservative people to vote for in the judges race. Guess who was at the top of the list in our county. You got it, the one that had a DWI. I checked the state's statistics for voting and he was second on that list. I think this is a good example of "we should do our own research" when it comes to voting. Do you think people would have voted for this man if they had known he was guilty of a drunk driving charge? I certainly hope not.

If the charge had been a felony, I don't think he COULD have run for the judge position.
Are you sure it is the same person since many people have similar names and before accusing any one you have to know for sure that it is the same person...You need to know date of birth, etc...or get a mugshot to be sure...

Old 11-04-2010, 06:26 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
I keep reading about this "entitlement" and still don't understand how anyone could draw the conclusion. What is this based on? A previous driving record, his occupation?

Old 11-04-2010, 06:48 AM

749 posts, read 2,440,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Are you sure it is the same person since many people have similar names and before accusing any one you have to know for sure that it is the same person...You need to know date of birth, etc...or get a mugshot to be sure...
I wouldn't doubt it, years ago back in the 90's I think, the spokesperson for the Pinellas County Sheriff got pulled over drunk and they swept it right under the carpet. The Deputy who pulled her over got reprimanded.

I believe this Dentist is looking at some time, but nowhere near what the average joe would get. For the amount of charges he has and the seriousness of them it's not uncommon for no bond to be issued. He's already been cut one break.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:50 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,311,854 times
^^^Hey BucFan- what a sense of entitlement you have, thinking you deserve to hear the reason why people think this man has a sense of entitlement.

I am still waiting to hear the reasoning behind this too.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:57 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,311,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolcustomer View Post
I wouldn't doubt it, years ago back in the 90's I think, the spokesperson for the Pinellas County Sheriff got pulled over drunk and they swept it right under the carpet. The Deputy who pulled her over got reprimanded.

I believe this Dentist is looking at some time, but nowhere near what the average joe would get. For the amount of charges he has and the seriousness of them it's not uncommon for no bond to be issued. He's already been cut one break.
What the hell makes this man not "the average joe"? Because he is a dentist? There are 142,000 dentists in the US, and only 85 percent of them even have a BA/BS before being accepted into dental school. Dental school only requires 2 years of additional schooling. Many people on this very forum have more education or a more specialized career field. He drives a cadillac... CTS- which you can lease for about $369 a month. Many people on this very forum have higher car payments. The CTS is quite the average automobile for a professional in his 30s if you ask me. Those are really the only two things that people know about him. sounds like nothing special to me...

Everyone keeps dodging mine and BucFans question as to why people think this man has a sense of entitlement, or what makes him not an average citizen.

People have alluded to this man getting some sort of preferential treatment because of his "status" for pages now... I would like to know exactly what that staus is?

Old 11-04-2010, 07:18 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post

People have alluded to this man getting some sort of preferential treatment because of his "status" for pages now... I would like to know exactly what that staus is?

I just figured that I didn't understand what the word "entitlement" meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay