Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 11:11 AM

158 posts, read 284,289 times

Advertisements

If someone happened to be kind of a Sushi Snob and thoroughly enjoyed eating delicious Sushi where would one go in Tampa?

My favorite place in good ol Kansas is RA! RA is close to my home and has a fun trendy atmosphere. I believe the closest RA to Tampa would be Miami so it looks like I will need to search for a new place for when I move. Any recommendations please? I may have sushi when I visit next week I do remember there being a few listed in a previous thread but I could not find it...

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 11:17 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,108 times
You are talking to the King of all sushi snobs here. Best sushi in Tampa is going to be at one of the three following:

SOHO Sushi
Samurai Blue
The Rack

Greatest thing about the Rack... they serve sushi until 2 AM!!!!!!!

There are Great sushi places are ALL OVER Tampa, to name a few that I frequent:

Kona Grill
Jacksons Bistro
Cheap

Tampa is "trendy" enough that many resturants in south tampa offer some sushi on the menu. I have yet to see some of the crazy things I saw growing up in NY (like live oyster, or whole squid) which is more common in NY or LA, but there is great sushi here none the less. I am going to ciccios tonight which is supposed to have great sushi as well. never been. If you want to try some really weird sushi, The Lodge offers a rather uneclectic sushi menu, more redneck than anything else. Like "The Cheesburger Roll"

Old 12-03-2010, 11:51 AM

113 posts, read 279,303 times
that stuff is nasty

Old 12-03-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
You are talking to the King of all sushi snobs here. Best sushi in Tampa is going to be at one of the three following:

SOHO Sushi
Samurai Blue
The Rack

Greatest thing about the Rack... they serve sushi until 2 AM!!!!!!!

There are Great sushi places are ALL OVER Tampa, to name a few that I frequent:

Kona Grill
Jacksons Bistro
Cheap

Tampa is "trendy" enough that many resturants in south tampa offer some sushi on the menu. I have yet to see some of the crazy things I saw growing up in NY (like live oyster, or whole squid) which is more common in NY or LA, but there is great sushi here none the less. I am going to ciccios tonight which is supposed to have great sushi as well. never been. If you want to try some really weird sushi, The Lodge offers a rather uneclectic sushi menu, more redneck than anything else. Like "The Cheesburger Roll"
I know Soho is great and Kona is pretty good. Could you let me know what you think about Ciccios? The menu looks great! I may have to try that one.

I looked at Samurai Blue's menu, what type of place is that one? The Rack seems fun but I dont know about the $20 all you can eat *lol* makes me wonder how good it really is. I do not like buffet style sushi at all

Old 12-03-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisredfield96 View Post
that stuff is nasty

You probably have not had good Sushi then. I have a friend that never liked it and tried it with me and loves it now. Ha ha!

Old 12-03-2010, 12:03 PM

113 posts, read 279,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniegurl View Post
You probably have not had good Sushi then. I have a friend that never liked it and tried it with me and loves it now. Ha ha!
I had it once, a friend had some that I think was bought at a grocery store, and it was disgusting. Maybe I should try it at a restaurant.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisredfield96 View Post
I had it once, a friend had some that I think was bought at a grocery store, and it was disgusting. Maybe I should try it at a restaurant.
Oh see there's the problem. I hope you do try it at a restaurant. It is so much better and fresh too. Kona might be a good place for you to try. I think that is one of the first places I tried sushi at aside from a sushi bar. I like it spicy but there are so many choices.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:16 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniegurl View Post
I know Soho is great and Kona is pretty good. Could you let me know what you think about Ciccios? The menu looks great! I may have to try that one.

I looked at Samurai Blue's menu, what type of place is that one? The Rack seems fun but I dont know about the $20 all you can eat *lol* makes me wonder how good it really is. I do not like buffet style sushi at all
The rack has all you can eat????? I can't imagine that, their sushi is top notch! It has been voted best sushi in Tampa time and time again. I'll have to look into that.

Best Tampa roll EVER is served at kona. The Tampa roll is specific to this kona location.

Honeslty, I almost always have great sushi.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
The rack has all you can eat????? I can't imagine that, their sushi is top notch! It has been voted best sushi in Tampa time and time again. I'll have to look into that.

Best Tampa roll EVER is served at kona. The Tampa roll is specific to this kona location.

Honeslty, I almost always have great sushi.

Well I guess it says on the web site for The Rack when you click Hyde park, Unlimited menu $20?? The Rules are kinda silly for it ...oh and I officially broke them OOPS!

I do like me some Kona. I have not been in a while though because I always go to RA with my girlies and it has never been a disapointment. YUM! I am interested in trying the Tampa roll.

Thanks for the information. I am excited to visit and try some new places so I may check out Ciccio's.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:29 PM

707 posts, read 1,466,686 times
I like Sushi Ko in New Tampa and Ichiban in the USF area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay