Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 06:31 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,308,610 times

Advertisements

Too bad the larger ppl that live here haven't discovered it! (see theme park lines for details)

This is going to hurt........but it seems like we attract a lot of overweight ppl here, maybe because those motorized scooters up north are not fitted with plowers or are not ice proof?? I don't know...it is interesting tho since we travel up there quite a bit and have not seen more than 1 or 2...maybe....yet down here they seem to be the way to go more and more! in my Publix alone, at any give time, there have to be over 20-30...yes I count them purposely. My pet peeve! Because everyone moves down here under the "we want to be outdoors and have warm weather year round/we hate snow blah blah" yet what we see on daily basis is overweight ppl multiplying.....I don't get that....sounds slightly hypocritical to me! or are these ppl former fit northerners who got down here and got lazy cause it was "too hot" for them after all? hmmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
They have an invention now called deodorant that allows people to walk outside in the heat and not get sweaty arm pits
Attached Thumbnails
More snow in Northeast....makes you appreciate FLA-hmmm.jpg   More snow in Northeast....makes you appreciate FLA-img00092-20100703-1516.jpg  

Old 01-28-2011, 07:19 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,128,667 times
My boss is in CT. They have been hit hard by a lot of snow this year. Everyday it snow, he asks me how's the weather in Tampa. Generally his response is "It must be nice".

With that said, when he asks what the weather is like in Tampa during the summer and I respond with "95 and sunny" his response is. "Ouch, keep cool" to which I respond, "Will do, planning on jumping in the pool once I get home."

You just can't have it both ways.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:25 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,308,610 times
You can actually have it both ways if you live in Phoenix, AZ....because you can have all the warm you want and within 3/4 hours drive you can be in Flagstaff and have all the snow you want! Or Prescott.....Unlike down here where you're within 9/10 hours drive to either northern GA, TN or NC if you want a bit of snow/winter weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
My boss is in CT. They have been hit hard by a lot of snow this year. Everyday it snow, he asks me how's the weather in Tampa. Generally his response is "It must be nice".

With that said, when he asks what the weather is like in Tampa during the summer and I respond with "95 and sunny" his response is. "Ouch, keep cool" to which I respond, "Will do, planning on jumping in the pool once I get home."

You just can't have it both ways.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:28 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,168,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Exactly.
So you'll take 6 months of brutal heat and humidity over a few major snowstorms a year that do NOT shut cities down.. Maybe a day off of school but cities shut down? Where ? You guys can justify the endless burning sun all you want.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:29 AM

463 posts, read 1,053,419 times
I could kill for some slopes with tons of powder right about now Oh well, i'll go and enjoy the pirate parade and some beach volleyball this weekend.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:30 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,168,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
They dont have a clue
Up here in the Northeast its going to be some of the best skiing of the season this weekend.
Oh baby what a rush
Not a skier... and to be honest hate extreme cold too..but these guys are just ignoring the painful side of Florida weather which must be pointed out.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:35 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
Nope, not really. I'm a recent FL expat, moved back to Boston, and I'd rather be frozen stiff than bored stiff. Florida didn't work for us. We'll take the cold along with the great restaurants, the arts, an award winning newspaper, and all things familiar. Keep your asphalt melting smarmy summers, biblespeak, and damp armpits.

Remember something.

You left Boston for a reason.

If it was so great you would have never left right?

Old 01-28-2011, 07:41 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Kudos to people who enjoy 95 degree heat and close to 100% humidity for a major part of the year,i also didnt have a problem with it when i was younger but as i aged it became intolerable for my physiology and i ended up being imprisoned in air conditioned climates for most of the year due to having breathing difficulties in the heat.i became grumpy and unhappy with the unrelenting heat and humidity
Now up in the north i may have to deal with such conditions for a week or two per year..its what works for me,and i do enjoy my yearly 3 weeks vacation in Florida, speaking of which that time is fast approaching..

Old 01-28-2011, 08:00 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Heh...It must be January up north. Everyone is good with the heat right now until they actually experience a Florida summer. You have no idea unless you have done it.
Oh, I've done it. Lived there for 20 years before I moved away about 12 years ago. But now I've had my fun, I've experienced different stuff, and I'm over it.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:13 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,148,559 times
Could u imagine what they were saying about Boston when their relocation to FL was imminent. Talking about all the things they were escaping to go to the sun and fun. Some people need to be surrounded by familiarity and it calls them back. Some can put that behind them and start a new never looking back. Some like warm tropical weather, some prefer winter weather.
Sounds like Boston guy had a rough go of it in FL and will be much happier back in Boston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Remember something.

You left Boston for a reason.

If it was so great you would have never left right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay