Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 12:08 PM

31 posts, read 59,347 times

Advertisements

I am unfamiliar w/ any specific Chinese communities in the Tamp Bay area, but if you are looking for good Chinese cuisine you're not going to find it down here. Where did you live before if you don't mind me asking? There are many ethnically diverse areas around Tampa Bay, but besides Tarpon Springs (primarily Greek) it's pretty spread out. Cities like Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor, most of Clearwater, South Tampa (if you can afford it) and most of the Brandon/Riverview areas are good bets. In my opinion, stay away from USF North Tampa area and South St. Pete as well. The schools in those areas are unsatisfactory to say the least and definitely are not safe areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 12:24 PM

6 posts, read 8,297 times
I am from Vermont, before that from Canada and before that from North part of China. the Chinese food not as impotent as good school and safety friendly town. Nerver think about South Tampa, I will have a look, thanks Bgotti.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:10 PM

I love Chinese food, but can't find any good restaurants in the Tampa Bay area; unfortunately. Good thing that we have variable palates. Lol Now there is some pertinent info. that I believe you left out re: your inquiry. Are you planning on renting? Owning? How much $ per/mo. min. or max? That would definitely help narrow down your search

Old 04-19-2011, 02:15 PM

6 posts, read 8,297 times
I am plan to rent first, then buy a house. we plan 1000$ for rent, and less then 300000$ to buy. also I am looking to buy some rental property near the sea for investment(maybe around 300000$).

Old 04-20-2011, 09:42 AM

Renting for around $1,000/mo. should be no problem. My wife and I own our home, as well as we have a rental townhome in Largo. When you mentioned "sea," I'm assuming you're looking to live near the Gulf of Mexico. Well, you definitely won't find any beachfront homes nor bayside for under $300,000 unless it's a foreclosure then possibly. We just bought a new house in Apollo Beach, which really isn't a beach area and is on Tampa Bay. There is a possiblity you could get a home around $300,000 on the water in Apollo Beach, however it will most likely be a short sale. I will say that we built new and got a nice house for under $300,000 w/ Bay access so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay