Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 07:28 PM

227 posts, read 728,453 times

Advertisements

Can anyone talk about the differences between Dunedin, Clearwater, St. Pete NE, and Largo? And if you comment about a particular area could you specify for instance I know Kenwood is kind of cool but not as safe as Crescent Lake for instance.

Mainly looking for following:
Where can you get the most rental bang for the buck on a single family home (especially square footage) in the the 1100-1200 range?
Family Friendly
Best local services for residents ie libraries, community centers, classes for kids,
Walkable communities, recreation
Progressive/Artsy
Relatively low crime rates.
Less or greater worry about storm surge (we are from Miami and are used to living near coast)
Schools NOT an issue because we homeschool

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 03:18 AM

792 posts, read 2,292,206 times
There's no quick answer to your question. Because there are pockets of good and bad areas mixed all together in those areas you mentioned.

Your best bet is drive around and see for yourself. Look for areas that have streetlights and sidewalks. Look at the people, houses and the cars. You can get a feel for an area by checking it out yourself during a weekend day or evening.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:20 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphos View Post

Mainly looking for following:
Where can you get the most rental bang for the buck on a single family home (especially square footage) in the the 1100-1200 range? Dunedin
Family Friendly Dunedin
Best local services for residents ie libraries, community centers, classes for kids, Dunedin and Largo (SW Largo Recreation Complex area)
Walkable communities, recreation Dunedin, St. Pete
Progressive/Artsy Dunedin and St. Pete
Relatively low crime rates. Dunedin and near Indian Rocks Beach Rd in Largo
Less or greater worry about storm surge (we are from Miami and are used to living near coast)
Schools NOT an issue because we homeschool

Thanks!
I live near southwest Largo and it is my favorite place in Pinellas county. It's close to the nicest beaches and sits between St. Pete and Clearwater making lots of thing accessible. Its far enough away from US-19 where you never have to drive on that POS road unless you want to.

Dunedin has a neat little downtown, but it's too far up North for me. Of course, different strokes for different folks. Lots of people love that town.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:32 AM

63 posts, read 131,180 times
I just moved to Dunedin and I am loving it so far. I love the downtown area, close to the bike trail, clean, traffic is good, and close enough to Hwy 19 I can get anywhere I want pretty quick.

I didn't move to Clearwater cause just didn't have a "town" feel to me but that's my opinion.

I looked around for a week and read lots of forums like this before I came down to look around for a week. Also went through a lot of apartments, condos and such. Asked real estate agents about the area they were showing me and so on.

Very happy in dunedin.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:01 AM

85 posts, read 159,561 times
Look at zillow.com at past sales and then compare it to list price. This is essentially what residential appraisers do with comprables but they go more in depth on things like SF and degree of building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay