Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:53 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,940,857 times

Advertisements

What am I to do? I love the weather here, but I fantasize about bigger and better places. Where should I run away to? Any ideas?

Last edited by Lior Arel; 08-16-2007 at 09:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 09:35 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,313,065 times
Default We share a boat!LOL

I have been through the same thing, we live in Orlando now, and I can't type "I hate this town" any bigger!

But,

We took the US map by regions, and without offending anyone, because this is a matter of personal preference, here is what we came up with:

1. East coast: NY to busy, and it smells really bad! dangerous too with all its popularity, and all those underground OLD structures that can collapse at any time.....e.g that water line that exploded a few weeks ago....etc....
2. Nothing exciting to do going down....VA, WV not our type of states...south of the the Carolinas, same thing, a few nice places, but again not our piece of cake....
3. Middle US, Chicago is nice, however my husband will have an aneurysm if he sees snow in the driveway! and so will I!
4. South of that, again, not much going on....Texas, way to hot!
5. The west! well, we would have loved to move to California, But, it will take a major lottery win to purchase a house there for us, the middle class....it is busy....traffic is horrendous and the beaches, are not as nice and clean as they are in Clearwater, at least per our taste! and let me not forget the Earthquakes which are still unpredictable with all this technology!

Our Conclusion, was that we should stay in Florida, because from here we can take I-10 and drive west and visit, we can save for a nice trip, which we think it may be better than live in the deserts....go, see the landmarks and then come back....also, much closer to drive and see our relatives upstate NY....if we lived in the west, the drive would be much longer, BTW, I/we don't fly. I/we like to "see" where I/we are going.

So, with all the horrible bugs we have, alligators & miserable drivers....I think we'll stick around....at least we don't have all that, plus snow and earthquakes to put up to! At least they can predict hurricanes!

That's what we found....
A

Old 08-16-2007, 09:40 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,940,857 times
Algia..LOL! We must be seperated at birth!

My exboyfriend moved to Seattle and LOVES it, but I don't know...my kids are in NC and I say I don't want to move that far away from them, but a flight is a flight and it's not like I get to see them that much as it is. If I did go to Seattle the weather is not an issue for me, I don't mind overcast and rain...in fact I LOVE the rain.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:48 PM

174 posts, read 667,009 times
Houston...................similiar weather, beaches, has the big and better down too, 4th larges city in US, better jobs and cost of living.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:10 PM

311 posts, read 493,242 times
Personally. I think the Tampa/St. Petersburg region is a large metro area, but it seems like no municipality can get along with each other. Don't get me started about the "war" between Hillsborough/Pinellas, Hillsborough/Pasco, etc. Also, my pet-peeve is that there's little to do here besides the oblivious. For the similarities, I rather try Houston or Dallas/Fort Worth, or even Atlanta.

Speaking of moving, I'm moving from Tampa to Los Angeles in October.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:54 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,622,662 times
Forget Houston, air quality is HORRID. There were mornings that my car windows were covered with an oily film. There were days it literally hurt to breathe.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Forget Houston, air quality is HORRID. There were mornings that my car windows were covered with an oily film. There were days it literally hurt to breathe.
Ok let me change that to Houston suburb.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:56 PM

83 posts, read 383,018 times
Just wait till Houston floods again...no place is perfect

Old 08-17-2007, 01:02 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,464,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattvj5 View Post
Just wait till Houston floods again...no place is perfect
Well, according to the weather channel, Houston is pretty flooded right now.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Well, according to the weather channel, Houston is pretty flooded right now.
So no one needs flood insurance in Florida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay