Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 09:45 AM

6 posts, read 7,916 times

Advertisements

I would pick Universal for tweens and teens. While Disney is a wonderful place, it really is geared to families with small children.

Universal is more for the older kids. They have a small section with kiddie rides, but the rides, story-lines and just general atmosphere is more for older kids (and adults). I had a great time there. The restaurants have themes, but again, the themes are geared for older kids/adults.

Universal does (or did) have a special pass to get you on the rides faster. It might be only for Florida residents, I'm not sure. I've gone with a friend who had those passes and we just walked to the front of the line. These passes were not widely advertised at the time and I do not know if they still have them or not, but they were ones you could buy if you knew about them (similar to Disney's Fast pass, but actually, were even better).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 11:10 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Disney is Disney. If you have been there you know what to expect. Their attention detail is amazing. Disney is more of a THEME park not an amusement park. Their focus is not on rides. You said you have been there so you know what it is all about.

Universal Studios - Specifically Adventure Island is full of out of this world super high tech rides. If your focus is to attend an AMUSEMENT park Universal fits the bill. They have many more rides and several are thrill type rides. Universal has 2 parks. The other is the olde Universal park which is more themed around movies. Universal Studios is much more of a party atmosphere on holidays, particularly on Halloween and New Years. Lots more drunks on these days because there are less kids than Disney and it's easier to get beer.

Busch Gardens - We have season passes to this park. It;s cheaper than the others for such passes. Busch Garden I like because it's only 20 minutes from my house. Their coasters are pretty fantastic and there are a few coasters my kids (ages 5, 7, 9) are able to ride on. There are also a few coasters they do not meet the height requirement on yet. If you like coasters, this is the park for you. Some of the shows are okay. The folks that own Seaworld also own this park.

Seaworld - By far the smallest of the parks listed. Also geared towards the younger crowd. Very few rides, but obviously has good animal shows. I have been to this park a few times. Only reason, I got a 1 year pass with a single year admission. Spooktacular (halloween) was good for my young kids. Your kids would think Spooktacular is too kiddie. Good park to visit. Waste of money to get a season pass too unless it's free or you have little kids.
Island of Adventure.

And to the OP, either really. Thing with Disney you have to go to the park to get on the ride you want, but the Annual Pass gets you into 4 parks, cant beat that. Universal has only two parks which are kinda boring.

Me personally I'd do Sea World and Busch Gardens!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay